“Nice Winery to visit” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 2 Attractions in Belvidere
Type: Farms, Wineries, Food & Drink
Activities: Group tours/day tour, Wine tasting
More attraction details
Owner description: Tour the grounds and participate in wine-tasting at this picturesque winery that sits nestled in a scenic valley surrounded by rolling hills and fields.
Pittstown, New Jersey
10 attraction reviews
“Nice Winery to visit”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Has different events for everybodies to go to. Tour is interesting. Wines are very good.

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Bad wine, tasted like vinegar”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

We went there for father's day for the pig roast, what a waste of money! $30 per person for buffet food. Pig was not even that great!
The worst part was the wine, we went into the store and tried some wine, they were all really bad, I almost could not drink it. We decided to buy a bottle to drink with the meat. Once we opened the bottle, it was even worse than the one we tried at the store.
I will not go back...really BAD EXPERIENCE!!

Visited June 2012
Clinton, New Jersey
7 attraction reviews
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2012

We found this spot on the way backhome from P.A. saw a sign and decided to stop...if the place was updated and made more appealing I am sure more people would come...lots of potential some nice wines

South Jersey
3 attraction reviews
“Almost ruined Valentines Day”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2012

Last year we went on the Wine and Chocolate Weekend. We visited a couple of winerys and were going to finish at the Wine and Mystery Dinner at Four Sisters. Everything was great until we pulled into the Four Sister's parking lot. It was a solid sheet of ice and we immediately got stuck. We made the winery aware of our predicament, but they were unable to help. I spent over an hour pushing and pulling trying to move my vehicle, finally someone from the winery called a tow truck, (the same truck that had towed a car earlier), and he towed me out at my expense.. When I contacted the owner. (in Florida) he said "Ice was an Act of God and therfore he was not responsible" .
I can't rate the event as I spent the evening in the parking lot, but I feel their preparation for the event, (which I booked weeks in advance) was poor.

Visited February 2011
FourSistersWine, Event Planner at Four Sisters Winery at Matarazzo Farms, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
I am sorry to hear you did not have an enjoyable visit to the winery for our 2011 Valentine's Day Murder Mystery Dinner. The staff of the winery was well aware of your predicament and did everything in their power to assist with the situation. Despite having to accommodate the other dinner guests attending the event, staff was sent out to the parking lot to assist with shoveling in an attempt to help you. While preparing for the storm, we arrived early the day of the event and put 450 lbs of salt down in the driveway in hopes to alleviate the travel conditions for visitors that day. Although we could not offer assistance paying for your tow truck, we refunded you for the full ticket price of the event with no hesitation.

Once again, I apologize for your unpleasant memory of your visit to our location but the winery staff did their very best to assist with the issue at hand despite the fact that it may not have been a gratifying solution for you. Four Sisters Winery takes pride in offering nothing less than enjoyable and memorable experiences for those who attend any of our events and we would gladly welcome for you to visit us again in the future to get a better insight to what we have to offer for public events and tastings throughout the year.
New Jersey Countryside
9 attraction reviews
“What a Rip Off!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011

My wife and kids took me here for a Father's Day Pig Roast. Wow! It was really really bad. About $30 for the adults and a little less for the kids. This was a winery and you couldn't even sample the wine before buying a glass or bottle that they sold you in addition to the $30. The $4/ glass wine was terrible. You got one trip to the buffet where the owners wife doled out a small portion of the pork. The rest of the staff were allowed to serve you the baked beans and salad. Never again!!!

Visited June 2011