“LOVE Sweeeettt!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Description: https://www.facebook.com/SweetBelmar/info
Description: https://www.facebook.com/SweetBelmar/info
“LOVE Sweeeettt!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013 via mobile

We saw this place on Groupon, and decided to buy one to try them out. When you first walk in BAM! your hit with fresh cupcake smell which is awesome. I thought they were just a cupcake shop, but they have a ton of other stuff to. I ended up purchasing a dozen cupcakes and a small Ice cream cake for a BBQ, and a handful of chocolate for myself. The owners were extreamly helpful, and were kind enough to write on the cake for me. The homemade chocolate I got was to die for! So delish and creamy. At the BBQ the ice cream cake was a hit and the cupcakes were GONE! as soon as I put them on the table. Everyone raved about the dessert I brought, said it was the best they've ever had. The only complaint was I didn't bring enough of it! Needless to say, we WILL be back to Sweet :)

• Visited May 2013

raleigh
“Just ok”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

We tried sweet because we bought a groupon, but probably would not return. Cupcakes were dry and the frosting was pretty bad. Very sugary and gritty. I know that cupcakes are the popular thing these days and have tried them at places like Gigi's and the frosting was smooth and buttercream making them worth their expensive price point. at $15 a lb. I thought the candy would be homemade, but surely didn't taste it. Nice folks who run it, hope they improve the quality.

Visited April 2013
“SWEEEEET!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

Kids and I visited this little shop today. It is pretty small and cute. We tryed Belmar cupcake with pretty Swedish fish candy on the top of blue frosting, smores cupcake with whole marshmallow inside and banana cupcake. Plus we HAD to try Chacky tortles( grey! Lots of nuts, caramel n choice of milk or dark chocolate) Cookes and cream shake was totally worth the price. Everything was fresh and yammy.

Clinton, NJ
“Try the "chuck" ("chuckie"?)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012

It is akin to a turtle, but about 8 times as big and it is amazing. The lady who waited on me said it was named after her father who wanted more nuts in the turtle, so they made one and named it after him.

Visited July 2012
burlington, NJ
“Love love love this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2012

My husband and I visited this sweet shop on our first trip ever to Belmar, on the fourth of July. We live about 45 minutes from Sweet! but that doesn't stop my husband from asking me when we plan to return! We had the strawberry cupcake, the cannoli cupcake, the mocha cupcake, and some Oreo bites dipped in chocolate. Everything was so delicious, fresh, and original. You are hard pressed to find a "normal" cupcake here and that's what makes this location worth the trip! They also make awesome milkshakes!

We saw they had soft serve ice cream, fudge, and lots of chocolates or chocolate dipped foods (like twinkies, marshmallows, pretzels, etc). However, 3 cupcakes, some Oreo bites, and a milkshake was enough to satisfy our sweet tooth this time. We do plan to return sometime before the summer is over - and the owners were great too! We made a suggestion for future selections and they wrote it down, explaining that they are always willing to experiment to see what works for the customers. Great location, great atmosphere, and great people. Highly recommend!