“Great food at reasonable price” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Reservations
Description: BBQ & Catering
Succasunna, New Jersey
“Great food at reasonable price”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013 via mobile

Years ago I had a bad experience at a BBQ joint in N.C., so I had no interest in trying JSBBQ. After Hurricane Sandy hit this was the first place to set up a generator and serve food free of charge to people. I felt I needed to try them as they had been so good to the people of Belmar.
I was pleasantly surprised by the decor. It is a very comfortable and clean place that is easy to take kids. It is small, but the tables are spaced well so you don't feel like you are sitting on top of the next table.
Everything is very fresh. The rib meat falls off the bones. The burgers are quite large and obviously handmade. They are tender and juicy and cooked to perfection. The pulled pork is smoked just right with a nice sauce. They bring several different sauces to the table to add to your dish. My husband loved their hot sauce. The sweet potato fries are the best I ever had and the Mac and cheese is obviously homemade (& very fattening.) We have been three times since 12/2012 and plan to work our way thru the menu. The staff is very friendly and the owner always pops out to make sure everyone is happy. LOVE JSBBQ!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Belmar, New Jersey
“Best Sweet Potato Fries”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

I always get the sweet potato fries when ordering from Jersey Shore BBQ. I'm not a big meat eater, so I also usually order the chicken breast fingers (habanero-apricot or jalapeno-honey). Soooo good!

Visited November 2012
Asbury Park, New Jersey
“Best Barbeque in NJ !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

The first time I ate here I realized I had found BBQ heaven. The ribs were the best I had ever eaten. And I am someone who travels to Texas for good BBQ. Needless to say I have been back many times since and have enjoy countless meals. Beyond basic BBQ , they also always have interesting specials that do not disappoint. When you go , and I strongly recommend you do, day hi to Doug for me!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Ewing, New Jersey
“AWESOME. Is this Belmar, NJ.. or Texas?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I must say.. I have been to BBQ places all over the country.. from Texas, to Tennessee and in between, but Jersey Shore can give them all a run for their money. And in the case of the Baby Back Ribs, Jersey Shore has the BEST, bar none.. anywhere. Combine that with a very warm atmosphere, and top notch staff.. and this place is a winner. I can't wait to get back!

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Wall Township, New Jersey
“A Jersey Shore BBQ!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

While this is not the Waldorf, the BBQ was very good. We had baby back, and Saint Louis ribs, as well as smoked brisket. The deep fried sweet potato fries were the best that I have had. Thick slices and coated in a nice batter. For a very casual or take-out dinner this is a good alternative to consider.

• Visited October 2012