“best baels on the beach!” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #27 of 72 Restaurants in Beach Haven
Cuisines: Mexican, Pizza, Sandwiches, Bagels
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Description: Bagels, Fresh Bagels Made On The Premises, Flagels, Bagel Chips, Pizza, O'Malley's Pizza, Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ, Family Owned and Operated, Open 364 Days A Year, Green, Recycle Friendly, Coffee, Pork Roll, Lox, The Bagel Shack, Bagel Shack The Bagel Shack has been making it's bagels on the premises fresh daily, using our own recipe, for decades. Located in the heart of Beach Haven on Long Beach Island, NJ, the Shack is opened 364 days a year (closed only on the 25th of December). During the winter months our business hours are from 7:00 am - 2:00 pm and we re-open from 5:00 to 8:00 pm on Thurs., Fri. And Sat. Serving O'Malley's Pizza (also our own recipe) and more. We are family owned and operated and welcome suggestions/ideas from our customers. The Shack also prides itself in serving our community, our Townships and the Island.
Rockville, Maryland
“best baels on the beach!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2014

Even though they were busy, the family atmosphere and good beach vibe was awesome. People new people as they waited in line and it is absolutely the best place on the beach to start the day! Fun, Friendly , the owner has been a staple i found out for 17 years so God Bless him!.. i always help a friendly local!..Kids loved it! wish i found it last year!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Willow Grove, Pennsylvania
“Always Fresh”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2013

Some of the best bagels I've ever had. They are always fresh & the staff always friendly. The quarters are close, so you have to be flexible with the line and folks coming through the door.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manahawkin, New Jersey
“Keep your dirty hands off my bagel!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013 via mobile

I haven't stopped at this place for a few years because of my last experience there. Last time a young girl was coughing into her hand and then took my order. I thought she would wash her hands before handling my bagel but she didn't. She used her bare hands. I stood there thinking I am wasting my money because I will not eat that. I told her I changed my mind and she looked shocked. I told her why and she had nothing to say. I decided to give it another try so I stopped there recently. To my surprise, they are still using their bare hands on the bagels! Not even a piece of wax paper. She had just been handling money and didn't wash her hands. I told her that I didn't want those bagels and asked her to give me two others using paper. She said ok, then tossed the bagels she tried to give me back into the bin. I said you just put the bagels back! She said no i didn't. I just saw you do it! She said she meant to throw them away. I asked why they don't wear gloves or use paper and she very smugly said that in NJ you don't have to. All the while she is giving me attitude. I said you don't have to give me attitude, I am just asking. Everything I said she had a fresh remark back but was saying she wasn't giving me attitude. By arguing you are giving me attitude. To the grown man behind the plastic, you should have stepped in and told this child that isn't how you talk to customers. I will not go here again. I don't want people touching my food with their bare hands after they touch money and whatever else they are touching. The fact that she knew the NJ law means that other people have commented or asked about it. She should be trained on how to speak to people that are customers. I wont be going back to this place. Ever.

• Visited August 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“No Gloves and they are handling money”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2013

Dirty, they handle the money and don't use gloves or wash their hands. It is terrible because the food is good. This keeps me from going there.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
“Wash your hands!!!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

I could drop a bagel in the street and roll it around and it would still have less germs on it than the food coming out of this establishment. I stood there in aw of the 3 girls behind the counter man handling peoples money, yawning into their hands and then without skipping a beat go right on to making someone's untoasted everything bagel with butter..... they don't toast in their busy season. Disgusting

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere