“Clean, Spacious, Comfortable, A great value!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Haven Beach Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Haven Beach Motel
11004 Long Beach Blvd., Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #7 of 11 hotels in Beach Haven
Pennsylvania
“Clean, Spacious, Comfortable, A great value!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

We just had the most pleasant stay at the Haven Beach motel. Both of the owners, Bill and Dennis, are super nice and very courteous. The room was clean with updated furniture. The bathroom is still a bit outdated, but served it's purpose nicely. We were provided with an abundance of fresh & clean towels that were very thick, appeared new and had a nice light scent of bleach to them. They also provided plenty of soaps, shampoo, a shower cap, and even cotton balls & swabs which was a nice touch that I have not seen anywhere else. The housekeeper was very accommodating when I told her our room did not need to be cleaned that day, but we did need fresh towels and the trash emptied. She did not hesitate to take care of it immediately even though she was in the middle of cleaning another room. I also noticed house keeping cleaning the bedspreads in between guests. From what I understand in standard hotel/motel practice, this is rare...so it was really nice to see. The room was equipped with a hairdryer, small (and very clean) refrigerator, microwave (also very clean), mini coffee pot with coffee, cups, ice bucket, flat screen TV, a desk, a small table and chairs and a very well working air conditioner. There is plenty of surface space in the room to put your things and also a luggage stand. There is a gas grill and a picnic area by the pool if you wish to cook your own meals instead of always dining out. This is so helpful for those of us with dietary restrictions:). The grounds of the motel are lovely and well kept. There is an ice machine below the stairs so you can keep your cooler filled and your beverages chilled. The pool is clean and heated enough so that the water is still cool and refreshing but not frigid and unbearable. There is plenty of space and seating around the pool. And, of course the chairs are plastic...Ugh!...what else would you expect around a pool. No need to change the fence around the pool to something with more "romance", it would just ruin the beautiful view. If an outdated bathroom and plastic chairs are not for you, go to the Drifting Sands in Ship Bottom....they would be more than happy to charge you an arm and a leg for a more updated bathroom and no pool which means no plastic chairs:).

This motel is in a busy part of the Island and there is lots of traffic on the Blvd which you need to cross to get to the beach so be aware of this if you are bringing small children. Beach tags are included for you to borrow during your stay...no deposit required, but you must return them as to not ruin this great FREE amenity for everyone.

My only complaints would be that the shower head does not focus the water stream, instead it's just kind of a wide & soft mist-like spray that does not rinse you very well. Between that and the soft water, it's tough to get the soap out of long hair. It's nothing that a new shower head can't fix. Also, I am not sure if there are any rooms with queen size beds. Our room had two double beds which is a bit snug for two adults. But, we just cozied up and made do, as always!

Happy campers here. We will definitely be back to the Haven Beach Motel!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

25 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Dennis and Bill are the greatest. They are helpful in every way. Extremely Friendly and all the staff is etremely friendly. John and I stay there many times and love every moment of this place.
Beautiful bay side motel with extemely clean pool, Great clean rooms. Close to everything.
Can't wait until they reopen after the rath of the Sandy.

Dennis and Bill we are looking forward to seeing you again.- Our love and prayers are with all of you down there.

Room Tip: This place is great - no fitness center - I hit it by accident
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2012

So I've seen some negative reviews about this place, but as I just got back from three days there I can say that it is quite a steal for LBI! First off, I called to say I'd be arriving late on Monday as I was riding my motorcycle from Hudson county to LBI, and it was storming in the late morning and early afternoon, delaying my departure. The proprietor said no problem, he'd just leave the door to room 18 open with the key inside so I could arrive whenever. I got there about 6:30pm to find a very large, clean room with a king size bed (which was very comfortable), refrigerator, microwave and coffee pot. As I wanted a shower immediately, I was pleased that the bathroom was very clean (even if the fixtures and tiles are a tad bit dated), and the towels were very white, fluffy and not at all worn. Did I forget to mention the huge window overlooking the bay from my room - what great sunset views!
The next day I spent by the motel pool as the winds from the south brought hordes of biting flies to the beach. I was very glad to have that pool available since the flies made the beach unbearable! On Wed., I realized I'd never even checked in so tended to that, and was a bit surprised that the total with tax for the three nights was $336, or $112/night. I asked how far to the Wawa store further south and the proprietor recommended the ACME store which was closer to the north; then he offered to drop me off there so I'd only have to walk back (I didn't feel like gearing up for the bike for such a quick trip) - super nice guy!
After Wed at the beach and some food and drinks at Nardi's which is a six block walk away, I had a very relaxing evening and slept in the next morning. Since checkout is 11am I called to request 12 noon and was told "no problem".
Overall the staff were friendly, extremely helpful, accommodating and generally made for a very pleasant stay. The room is simple, clean and very affordable for the area, especially considering the pool on site. I would highly recommend this place to anyone who is not expecting casino style accommodations.

Room Tip: Room 18 has a picture window with a lovely view of the bay!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
New york
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This is a motel folks. Dated and down-trodden. It is clean, yes, but smells a bit funky. Things are just plain old here. The owners are friendly enough. The pool is overlooking the bay, which is nice. The other travelers were all low-key and friendly.

And we visited the pool side cafe of another busy motel (Sea Shell) and their pool was noisy, very crowded and a very different sort of clientele. The people at Haven Beach were more "normal", whereas the other motel was filled with lots of fake boob types with over-the-hill muscled, gold chain-types on their arms. Returning to the quiet and plastic chairs and cold pool at Haven Beach was actually a pleasure.

Overall, if you have absolutely zero expectations of any sort of luxury this place may be for you. But if you think the Hampton Inn is roughing it, don't even think of going to Haven Beach Motel.

My 10 year old says it was the worst place we have ever stayed and noted there wasn't even a phone in the room. I'm sorry to be so direct because the owners were nice and the place has a nice low-key, local kind of feel to it, but it was just kind of sorry.

Location is on the very, very busy main road in LBI and you have to cross that road to get to the beach. This can be quite unnerving with small children. The beach is absolutely lovely and very family oriented. The location is also very central to lots of restaurants and places to see. But if you are looking for any sort of quiet elegance go up north at LBI. This was my first trip there and we drove up north and realized we made a mistake being in such a busy area.

My advice to the owners is to spruce up the place a bit: add some potted flowers outside, put in better bedding (it was woefully cheap), new carpets, and update those darn bathrooms (for goodness sakes). Change the chain-link fence around the pool to something with a bit more romance. Replace the plastic chairs with something, anything. The place has potential!

I had to use my skills as a positive thinker and my vivid imagination to enjoy my stay at this motel. Something I would rather not have to do on vacation unless it involves staring off at the ocean.....

Room Tip: 2nd floor may be better...although 1st floor was very convenient....
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Lacey NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012

We stayed this past week for 3 nights, it is an older hotel but the room was clean and the beds very comfortable. All of the staff were friendly and accommodating-you receive beach passes and the owners are ready with advice for local info on places to go, etc. My husband and I couldn't have been happier, nice pool overlooking the bay and the sunset was beautiful. Air conditioning was great but one small complaint-the shower went hot on us a couple of times but that would not stop us from returning. Definitely recommend-especially for the price.

Room Tip: Ask for upstairs, you have to exercise, but the view is really worth it.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Milwaukee, WI
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2012

We stayed for 5 nights and had a great time. Sitting on the bay side you have great relaxation and sunsets. The ocean is two easy walking blocks and easily accessible.The hotel is older and dated like all of the hotels on the island. However It has been very well maintained by several generations of the same family and pride of ownership is evident. The location is excellent. Because it is several miles south of the bridge the traffic is busy but reduced. There is a grocery store and restaurants close by. The hotel has a gas grill for use by guests and picnic tables for the frugal minded. The pool was well maintained with a great view of the bay. Surf fishing was great off the closest ocean beach. If I were going to LBI again, this is where I would stay.

Room Tip: Second floor balcony has great view of the pool and bay and is a nice spot to sit and relax.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

This was our first time here and we got the second floor room over looking the bay , very nice room and the sheets and pillows on the bed were very comfy and clean, however the bathroom needs some updating ...the tv wasnt working right and the ac wasnt coming on very strong in the room at first when I asked the manager Bill about this , he was rude and told me do I want my money back !! If I had another place to stay I would of said yes, but I bite my tongue and said to myself I just wont be coming back here !! They also said the pool was heated but it was not heated and the water was very cold maybe kids do not mind. Next stay will be somewhere else .

Room Tip: stay on the ground floor their is no elevator and if you need to make more than one trip it's a...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Haven Beach Motel? Share your experiences!