“CHEAP SO ITS GOOD” 3 of 5 stars

Add it.
No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this hotel
Long Beach Inn
9601 Long Beach Boulevard, Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #9 of 10 hotels in Beach Haven
North Wales, Pennsylvania
“CHEAP SO ITS GOOD”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I went here with my girlfriend recently and we had a great time. However we only spent time in the room sleeping. So if your planning on staying in the room for anything else but sleeping and showering than you probably would wanna stay somewhere else.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

21 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Hoboken, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

We stayed at this Inn because we had friends staying here the same week, the rooms were clean and the staff were very pleasant, we asked for more pillows and had them right away. The location you cant beat with ACME across the street and just a block to the beach. TV with cable kids channel comes in handy and the efficiency unit was great. New AC units that run well too. Would stay again for sure.

Room Tip: great location and value for the money!
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2010 via mobile

What a dump! Filthy, wood panneling walls, bed bugs. I could go on and on. Plus all the seedy people staying there partying till all hours of the night. Unsafe for a family. I went out to my car, locked the doors and slept there. Never again!

• Stayed September 2010

Travelers are raving about these Beach Haven hotels

NJ
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2009

This hotel was absolutely horrible. The staff was very unattentive and rude. Not only were the rooms in bad condition but they were dirty as well. The rate is relatively cheap for the island, but you get what you pay for. I would never stay here again, it's worth it to pay a little money extra and stay somewhere nicer.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with friends
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2009

after reading the reviews, i believe the two that gave it "poor" reviews were unfair. the hotel is old and could use some renovating, but when you're in a place like LBI you hardly spend enough time in your room for it to significantly effect your trip, unless it's crawling with bugs or is disgustingly filthy, which is not true for this hotel. the rooms are clean, i did not think the bed was uncomfortable, there was no funky odor in my room, and it was a great location (across the street from the supermarket and 2 blocks from the beach). the one complaint i had had nothing to do with the hotel itself, so i won't even mention it. the manager was very friendly, the beach passes are free, and, like i said, the rooms are definitely livable. great for a weekend, i wouldnt have minded it for a whole week either.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
pearl river NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2009

Just read some other reviews and thought I would respond.
Yes this is an older hotel/motel
It does not have a pool
It's furnishings are dark/out of date
panneled

BUT... It is oceanside, 2-3 blocks from the beach. They provide FREE beach badges (up to 4 per room). It is across from the ACME, in case you need something you forgot, or get a little hungry and don't want to eat out. It is also across from the movie theater for when in rains, and it always rains. It has a beautiful view of the sunset on the harbor.
The rooms are clean. Maybe it was a musty smell the other person smelled. We didn't have that problem. OPEN a Window for a few minutes, or make sure the air is on. The rooms have 2 double beds, private bath and a fridge. My room had a stovetop too. The bed was not great, so they CHANGED IT FOR ME. It was great! The staff is friendly and courteous. My girlfriend and I left our husbands and kids home and wanted to chill for a few days. We each took a room for privacy but used the connecting door for safety. So we had 2 rooms with 2 baths. I paid $89 and she paid $99. It was a deal because we were staying more than 2 nights. By the way their is no minimum stay. The rooms were cleaned daily, beds made, towels changed, vaccummed. When I wanted a pool, I went to St Frances in Brandt and paid my $10, for the indoor/outdoor pool. (You can also get a weekly pass. What we saved on the rooms we put toward treating ourselves to lunch, dinner and drinks everynight. It is conveniently located and the Nardi bus will pick you up or drop you off. I've been to the other hotels and paid $200 a night. Not really worth it., most of them are just as old with outdated furniture too. They have pools, so your paying an extra $100 a night for the pool. Some of them have bands and they are very loud. This is just right. This is the beach, not the palace.
I would definetly stay again. I used to rent a house, not anymore, this is the way to go.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with friends
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2008

This place is great if you you are on a low budget,. However
you do get what you pay for. When my wife and I entered our
room I encountered an unpleasant odor. We went across the
street to Acme Supermarket and bought a can of Oust and a
Airwick. . This made everything right . To be fair this place
has a friendly manager and check in was simple.This Inn
is also on the ocean side and it was only a short walk to
the beach. The hotel does need a facelift but the owners
do pass on the savings from renovations in terms of lower
rates.One thumbs up.

Stayed July 2007

Been to Long Beach Inn? Share your experiences!