“Great Bang for the Buck” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Jolly Roger Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Jolly Roger Motel
You added Jolly Roger Motel to your Saves list
5416 South Bay Avenue, Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008-1013   |
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Beach Haven
Pelham, New York
“Great Bang for the Buck”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2014

I go to LBI annually for a family get together of my brothers and sisters from all over the country. This year, I couldn't get a lot of time off, my wife couldn't get any and my daughter was searching for a summer job and couldn't come. We usually rent an apartment but that wasn't needed since I would be alone for 3 nights. When I started researching hotels/motels, I found the Jolly Roger to be most affordable. I knew that end of the island had been hit hard by Superstorm Sandy and assumed amenties would be at a minimum while the rebuilding continues. I had a great room, phenomenal view and a great location that was easy access to all the restaurants and night life, but a real quiet retreat at the end of the night.

Room Tip: Get an ocean view if it's available. The pounding surf is the best white noise in the world.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Freehold, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2014

An adorable building in an outstanding location! We spent the Fourth of July looking at the beautiful panoramic view from the rooftop deck. It's on the quiet south end of the island with local restaurants and shops only 2 miles away.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a balcony on the top floor.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed in Beachaven for the first time the and we had a sensational time it is now "our spot" and the staff at the Jolly Roger made it so much better!!!Our room was so quaint and the view was amazing!!The proximity to the beach is unbelievable!! Judy and Brad were so informative about restaurants and fun things to do on the island we haven't stopped talking about it!!We kinda want to keep it as our little secret but it's to good not to share!!oh and the crumb cake in the morning was delish!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Medford, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

This is a wonderful place to stay. It is right on the end of the Island, the best part of LBI if you ask me. Serenity. The motel has been freshly painted, and the rooms & the lobby look GREAT! Beachy tones abound. You can not get closer to the beach either, its right across the street. Love that!

We went for July 4th weekend, and we could see fireworks in Beach Haven, Tuckerton & AC from the roof viewing area. Cool. Owner Judy, and Brad & Butter (resident pooch), and Mary Ann are all extremely accommodating and friendly. Treat yourself to a relaxing get away!!!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Schuylkill Haven, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

We had a wonderful experience at the Jolly Roger! From the proximity to the beach to the wonderful staff the entire stay exceeded our expectations! We loved the outdoor space on the balconies and rooftop deck! We will definitely return and would recommend this motel to anyone traveling to LBI!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

My Boyfriend took me to LBI for a 1 night stay since he hates the beach! WELL this motel changed his mind and because if this motel he will be taking me back. Lets start with the location! Perfect we were right on the tip of the island so perfect! Beautiful ocean all around and a quick walk across the street to get on that gorgeous beach! Moving along Judy Brad and Butter the owners were the nicest people (and dog) in the world they were so sweet and accommodating they gave us beach passes and told us that even though we were checking out the next day to feel free to stay and enjoy the day and use the shower to clean off before you leave! Now i figured this was just nonsense no hotel motel holiday inn is willing to let guests clean up and whatnot after they check out. we hit the beach which was amazing and quiet and so peaceful. After our day at the beach Judy and Brad recommended some great places to eat and we had a lovely dinner. By the time we got back we were just in time to enjoy the amazing sunset on the roof top patio! The view was breathtaking and even though it was warm out the breeze on the roof kept everything cool. After that we hit the beach and just sat in the cool sand and watched the lights from Atlantic City and counted the stars (my boyfriend is so awesome lol) we went back to our room and it was cozy and clean and led to a huge balcony where you could lay out and relax on. The next day Judy had fresh coffee and coffee cake waiting in the lobby and we hit the beach again, now i thought it was a joke that we could come back and clean up but they told us we could leave our car in the lot and clean up when we were ready to go. when we came back from the beach they even gave us towels and we showered up and headed home. I had so much fun and even my boyfriend that hates the beach and the heat said he had so much fun and we would definitely be coming back! I can’t wait to return and see Judy, Brad and the awesome doggie Butter!!! (Hi Butter!!!!)

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

My fiancé and I came here for a 3 day birthday getaway. Our review in 1 word - AWESOME! From the staff to the room to the convenience of the beach being right there, we had an AMAZING time. Will totally make this an annual tradition. Could not be happier. Thank you, Dave and Jennie D, NYC

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Jolly Roger Motel? Share your experiences!