“Fun + inexpensive way to do LBI” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lorry's Island End Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Lorry's Island End Motel
Save Saved
You added Lorry's Island End Motel to your Saves list
23 Washington Avenue, Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #3 of 11 hotels in Beach Haven
Pemberton, New Jersey
“Fun + inexpensive way to do LBI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

If you are looking to stay a few days on LBI, without breaking the bank, this is the place to go. My wife and I were looking for a place to stay for a couple of days mid-week. We only live about an hour away, and thought it would be nice to do the beach during the less-crowded weekdays, and after a little googling and comparing pictures, decided to give Lorry's a try. We were very happy with our decision, and will be making this a mini-vacation tradition every year!

The hotel is in a great location - at the end of the island, away from all the traffic and crowding, yet very easy driving distance to all the things you want to do and see. It is a very short walk to the beach, and since the beach is all the way down at the tip of the island, it isnt jam-packed like many others. There is a nice barbecue/picnic area at the hotel, for those that want to relax and grill up a steak with the family, and bikes you can check out to ride around and get some fresh air and exercise. The owner and staff are very nice and accomodating, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. Be sure to check out the mid-week deals, best way to do the beach on a budget!

Room Tip: Light or early sleepers - get a second floor room, to avoid hearing the kids hanging out by the barb...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

197 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
McClure, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2014

Lorry's Island End Motel is very family friendly. The prices are very reasonable, which is something we all look for when traveling as a family. The two bedroom efficiency provides plenty of space. One of the best features is the courtyard. It has tables and chairs inside a gazebo, picnic tables and three large grills. It is nice to go on vacation and still be able to cook your own meals and eat outside. While you are grilling, your children can play in the sandbox and stay in a safe enclosed area. The beach and the bay are just a short walk. Our kids even enjoy playing at the playground on the bay, which is a great way to end your day and watch the sunset! Our family will be returning for our third summer on Long Beach Island and staying at Lorry's.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom efficiency is a great value if you are willing to share space with family or friends!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

If you want to find a low-keyed, comfortable and friendly hotel that avails itself to relaxation without the over-priced amenities, this is the place. Quiet location just steps from beautiful beaches of Long Beach in a community the has proudly rebuilt itself from a devastating Hurricane Sandy. Personnel were accommodating and receptive to the vacationers needs. Kudos to the Lorry's team.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Asbury Park, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2013

My wife and I came across Lorry's back in early June. We were In LBI to do some restoration work in Ship Bottom and decided to stay at Lorry's and what a find it was. Even though we were in LBI to do work, just being at Lorry's made it feel more like a vacation than work.
Since than we have gone back to Lorry's every 3 weeks. The value is the best on the island; the rooms are impeccably clean; the staff is more than a staff, they're like family and treat you as such. And speaking of family, make sure you spend a few minutes with "Charlotte", the motel's resident little girl...adorable!!!
Would I recommend Lorry's? Well put it this way; if you don't stay there, you're missing out on what LBI is all about!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We liked the relaxed atmosphere, the owner "Bill" and the staff were all very friendly. A short walk to our favorite beach on LBI. Room was clean and very comfortable. Full size refrigerator, sink, microwave and cabinets help save money with the grills and tables available to use right outside your door in a very nicely maintained patio area with grills and tables, surrounded with charming gardens. We visit the island often, but this was our first time at Lorrys, can't wait to go again. Hope there is a room open for us.

Room Tip: View from upstairs deck is very nice, but rooms are a little small. The efficiency is the one we li...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
LorrysMotel, Owner at Lorry's Island End Motel, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
I would like to Thank Our Guest for this "Just Wonderful" Review of Lorry's Island End Motel and that they can't wait to come back again. This review shows the hard work of the Staff & I really pays off with Our Guest writing a Great Trip Advisor Review. Yes Lorry's Motel does give Guests a relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff because most people want to "Get Away" from their day to day life for awhile and Lorry's helps them really get away at the Beautiful Southern Tip Of Long Beach Island. They liked Lorry's unique location Only 200 yards to the Beach & 200 yards to the Bay with water within close walking distance on 3 sides. We appreciate the compliment about our Clean and very comfortable motel along with us achieving Our Goal Of Saving Guests Money with our Full Size Refrigerators, Microwaves and BBQ Area with 3 Gas Grills. I especially enjoyed that Our Guest liked Lorry's charming gardens in the courtyard. Lorry's Island End Motel Looks Forward To Helping Our Guests Have Another Great Vacation On Beautiful Long Beach Island, NJ.

Bill Hutson - Owner
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We enjoy our 4 day stay Lorry's Island End . The rooms are newly remodeled and cozy , the beach and bay is within walking distance from the hotel . There is a fenced in courtyard filled with plenty of chairs , benches shaded seating, sandbox for the kids , a gazebo , 3 new gas grills, a swing for two , tall tropical plants , beautiful colored flowers , and multi colored green vines growing around the arch walkways, its breath taking . When you think you it can't get any better than this ... You are greeted by Bill and his hard working staff . If i needed anything for my room All I had to do is ask And they all went above and beyond to get us what we needed and our stay the best we ever had . I was impressed to see That there was always a staff member on the property helping guest and keeping Lorry's clean and tidy . I can't wait to come back next year and stay a Lorry's !! I advise you make your reservation soon the word is out that Lorry's Island End is the hot spot on LBI !!

• Stayed September 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and one of our employees went to LBI New Jersey to fish,boat,tan eat and relax.We were lucky to find a clean,comfortable and reasonable place to stay at Lorry's. When we pulled in we were greeted by Bill (owner) and his staff. They welcomed us like we new each other forever. Bill gave us a mini tour of the hotel grounds . What a beautiful place .The courtyard is inviting ,there is a neat gazebo for sitting and talking ,I couldn't believe there was a wooden swing with beautiful vines and blooming flowers growing all around it.There are three new gas grills for cooking out and with tables and chairs where you could eat comfortable. ,They even have a sand box for the kids to play in .
It didn't matter what time of day it was if I needed anything for my room or had a question where I can get a loaf of bread there was always someone available to help me . I loved the fresh ocean breeze that blew in our hotel room window it was wonderful.There are so many great things I could tell you about our stay at Lorry's but I only have a 200 word minimum. I have been going to the beach for 20 years and have stayed a lot of places . Lorry's get a 10 form me. I recommend you stay at Lorry's the price is right and the hotel and its staff is one of a kind. Give them a call you won't be disappointed I promise..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
LorrysMotel, Owner at Lorry's Island End Motel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank You very much and we appreciate that you recommend Lorry's Island End Motel to all Your Family & Friends. Also, Thank You for the very nice compliments about Lorry's Motel as my staff and I try very hard to give our thousands of Guests "The Best Hotel Or Motel Value" on Beautiful Long Beach Island, NJ. We especially like that you enjoyed all the things that take us many long hours to prepare to help you have A Great Vacation. We look forward to seeing you again at Lorry's Island End Motel in the near future as we love to see our Guests.

Bill Hutson - Owner

Been to Lorry's Island End Motel? Share your experiences!