“Just Wonderful!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lorry's Island End Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Lorry's Island End Motel
You added Lorry's Island End Motel to your Saves list
23 Washington Avenue, Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Beach Haven
Nazareth, Pennsylvania
“Just Wonderful!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We liked the relaxed atmosphere, the owner "Bill" and the staff were all very friendly. A short walk to our favorite beach on LBI. Room was clean and very comfortable. Full size refrigerator, sink, microwave and cabinets help save money with the grills and tables available to use right outside your door in a very nicely maintained patio area with grills and tables, surrounded with charming gardens. We visit the island often, but this was our first time at Lorrys, can't wait to go again. Hope there is a room open for us.

Room Tip: View from upstairs deck is very nice, but rooms are a little small. The efficiency is the one we li...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
LorrysMotel, Owner at Lorry's Island End Motel, responded to this review, October 5, 2013
I would like to Thank Our Guest for this "Just Wonderful" Review of Lorry's Island End Motel and that they can't wait to come back again. This review shows the hard work of the Staff & I really pays off with Our Guest writing a Great Trip Advisor Review. Yes Lorry's Motel does give Guests a relaxed atmosphere and friendly staff because most people want to "Get Away" from their day to day life for awhile and Lorry's helps them really get away at the Beautiful Southern Tip Of Long Beach Island. They liked Lorry's unique location Only 200 yards to the Beach & 200 yards to the Bay with water within close walking distance on 3 sides. We appreciate the compliment about our Clean and very comfortable motel along with us achieving Our Goal Of Saving Guests Money with our Full Size Refrigerators, Microwaves and BBQ Area with 3 Gas Grills. I especially enjoyed that Our Guest liked Lorry's charming gardens in the courtyard. Lorry's Island End Motel Looks Forward To Helping Our Guests Have Another Great Vacation On Beautiful Long Beach Island, NJ.

Bill Hutson - Owner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We enjoy our 4 day stay Lorry's Island End . The rooms are newly remodeled and cozy , the beach and bay is within walking distance from the hotel . There is a fenced in courtyard filled with plenty of chairs , benches shaded seating, sandbox for the kids , a gazebo , 3 new gas grills, a swing for two , tall tropical plants , beautiful colored flowers , and multi colored green vines growing around the arch walkways, its breath taking . When you think you it can't get any better than this ... You are greeted by Bill and his hard working staff . If i needed anything for my room All I had to do is ask And they all went above and beyond to get us what we needed and our stay the best we ever had . I was impressed to see That there was always a staff member on the property helping guest and keeping Lorry's clean and tidy . I can't wait to come back next year and stay a Lorry's !! I advise you make your reservation soon the word is out that Lorry's Island End is the hot spot on LBI !!

• Stayed September 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

My husband and one of our employees went to LBI New Jersey to fish,boat,tan eat and relax.We were lucky to find a clean,comfortable and reasonable place to stay at Lorry's. When we pulled in we were greeted by Bill (owner) and his staff. They welcomed us like we new each other forever. Bill gave us a mini tour of the hotel grounds . What a beautiful place .The courtyard is inviting ,there is a neat gazebo for sitting and talking ,I couldn't believe there was a wooden swing with beautiful vines and blooming flowers growing all around it.There are three new gas grills for cooking out and with tables and chairs where you could eat comfortable. ,They even have a sand box for the kids to play in .
It didn't matter what time of day it was if I needed anything for my room or had a question where I can get a loaf of bread there was always someone available to help me . I loved the fresh ocean breeze that blew in our hotel room window it was wonderful.There are so many great things I could tell you about our stay at Lorry's but I only have a 200 word minimum. I have been going to the beach for 20 years and have stayed a lot of places . Lorry's get a 10 form me. I recommend you stay at Lorry's the price is right and the hotel and its staff is one of a kind. Give them a call you won't be disappointed I promise..

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
LorrysMotel, Owner at Lorry's Island End Motel, responded to this review, September 14, 2013
Thank You very much and we appreciate that you recommend Lorry's Island End Motel to all Your Family & Friends. Also, Thank You for the very nice compliments about Lorry's Motel as my staff and I try very hard to give our thousands of Guests "The Best Hotel Or Motel Value" on Beautiful Long Beach Island, NJ. We especially like that you enjoyed all the things that take us many long hours to prepare to help you have A Great Vacation. We look forward to seeing you again at Lorry's Island End Motel in the near future as we love to see our Guests.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 9, 2013

I was aware that this was not a luxury place to stay yet I was expecting a clean place to stay. The ceiling fan was dusty and you could actually see dust and grim on the old panel walls. The air conditioning did not work. When we checked in we were told it was just turned on about an hour later asked if the air could be turned on cooler was told he was on all day long so story did not match. Courtyard was nice and so was outdoor shower area to hang up beach towels on clothes line. But would not recommend to stay there

• Stayed September 2013
LorrysMotel, Owner at Lorry's Island End Motel, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor,

Thank you for the opportunity to respond to this e-mail. I want to thank this Guest for bringing up some things that need improved, which we will work on immediately as I have alredy talked to the cleaning staff. After spending hundreds and hundreds of hours renovating the entire first floor after the hurricane to get ready for our thousands of Guests, some things got overlooked, sorry. At this point in the season we have helped approximately 2,000 Guests to have an Affordable Vacation. We do appreciate that these Guests liked our Courtyard and said it was nice and so was the outdoor shower area to hang up beach towels on the clothes line. We will have the details that this Guest pointed out fixed and cleaned and will be ready for the next Guests that want to enjoy the Best Hotel or Motel Value on Beautiful Long Beach Island.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

I Stayed at Lorry's this Labor Day weekend with my family. We all loved it and can't wait to go back. My boys of 7 and 10 years old and myself used their bikes to go for a nice ride to Beach Haven. The location is a block away from the Southern tip of the Island so in the morning we took a 2 minutes walk to the beach and enjoyed watching the waves, surfers, birds. The room was clean, comfortable. We bought fruits, water, juice and snacks and used their full size refrigerator and microwave. The staff is very friendly and helpful. I'm so glad we stayed there.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
LorrysMotel, Owner at Lorry's Island End Motel, responded to this review, September 7, 2013
We love our Guests at Lorry's Island End Motel and Javier and his Family were very nice people. I am happy they are already planning on returning again to Lorry's tremendous location only 200 yards to the beach, 200 yards to the bay and 2 streets to the LBI Wildlife Preserve with the ocean on one side and the bay on the other side. Also, I am pleased Javier & his Family took advantage of the Free Amenities that Lorry's Motel provided them: Free Continental Breakfast, Free Beach Badges, Free Wi-Fi, Free Bicycles, Full Size Refrigerator with Top Freezer & Microwave. Outside Javier's room is our Courtyard & BBQ Area with 3 gas grills and we Thank Javier & his Family for being Guests at our 24th Annual Free Customer Appreciation Labor Day BBQ for All Guests at Lorry's Motel. Every year we have a lot of food and a great time with all the Guests at our Free Holiday BBQ's. Every year for Memorial Day, July 4th and Labor Day we have our Annual Customer Appreciation BBQ's and we hope Javier and his Family & Friends will be back to enjoy them with us again at Lorry's Island End Motel.

Bill Hutson
Lorry's Motel Owner
new york
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

A last minute decision to stay overnight on Long Beach Island brought us to Lorry's. The review on Trip Advisor were good and we were basically looking for a clean, reasonably priced room so that we didn't have to drive all the way home. This was reasonably priced considering the other options available (all over $225 dollars) on the Island.
Lorry's is a MOTEL - not a hotel. It is 2 stories, the doors open to the outside, not a lobby and it genuinly has a seaside beach feel to it in a good way! There is no pool but you don't need one because you are very close to the beach.
Spoke to Bill on the phone and he was very pleasant and accomodating. I told him we'd be arriving around 3pm to check in. We ended up getting to the motel around 5pm because we were having such a great day on the beach. Bill met us outside the motel, introduced us to some of the staff who were busy painting and maintaining the motel, and showed us to our room. We were on the first floor and the room was obviously recently renovated since Sandy. Bill explained the state the room was in prior to renovations and they did a great job renovating. The room was large with a king bed, very large refrigerator, cabinets for storage, flat screen TV and a couch and loveseat. The bathroom was small and clean and there was a seperate area for showering, which had storage space for towels and clothes. We also had a second bedroom which had a full size bed and bunks.
The courtyard was really lovely, quiet and clean with 3 large new barbeques, tables and chairs and a gazebo. It is much nicer than it looks in the pictures. Yes, there are ashtrays everywhere as some of the other reviews noted but I would much rather see that than cigarette butts all over the nicely maintained grounds. The ashtrays were clean, by the way, not piled with cigarette butts. We didn't use the area but if we stayed longer, we would have. We were very happy with our selection and will definitley return.

Room Tip: The rooms on the first floor have been renovated. We stayed in room 3.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed in one of the small queen bed rooms for one night last week to celebrate my birthday. The room was very small, like we expected, but was clean. The bed was very comfortable and the sheets were soft and clean. I LOVED the location - just perfect! So close to the beach and the bay. We plan on going back again and bringing the whole family.

I do wish the towels were nicer. They were VERY thin. Also a couple hand towels would have been nice. I think that next time, we would bring our own towels.

I also think that having a light-weight blanket on the bed would be nice. It was just the sheets and the bedspread. We'll bring a blanket next time too. Not because the temperature was too cool - the temp in our room was just right. We just don't like sleeping with just a sheet.

We really liked having the ceiling fan in our room and the fridge and microwave.

Paying $5 for beach badges at the beach is easier than having an extra $50 in cash for the deposit and then you don't have to worry about it.

No frills at this place - but we weren't expecting any. If you compare it with camping, it is much better and more comfortable! We have camped at the beach before and this was much nicer. Our room was very clean and the people were friendly. And the location is perfect!!!!! We loved our time there and can't wait to go back!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Lorry's Island End Motel? Share your experiences!