“Best Summer Rates on LBI” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Lorry's Island End Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Lorry's Island End Motel
Save Saved
You added Lorry's Island End Motel to your Saves list
23 Washington Avenue, Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Beach Haven
New York City, New York
“Best Summer Rates on LBI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2012

Clean Rooms--Friendly Staff. The Owner Bill is always available to make your stay a pleasant one. Lorry's also provides their quests with a continental breakfast each morning. The Hotel also provides barbeque grills in their courtyard with plenty of picnic tables to dine outside. Their is also space at the Hotel to store your bicycle. Lorry's staffers are always available to assist their quests. We're never disappointed at Lorry's Island End Motel and the price is the best deal on LBI! John & Noreen

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2012

Lorry's Motel is a home away from home . the owner Bill and is staff made me feel as if i lived here all my life .My soon to be husband and our puppy Scrapper and I were greeted from the time we arrived to departing with nothing but smiling faces. No question or request to much to fill.The owner and staff made special arrangements for me all i had to do was ask .There is no task too big for Lorry's to handle.A nice feature they had was ,not having a/c units in every window their central air was perfect and aloud you to hear the wonderful sounds of the island.Another was you were in walking distance to the ocean,bay,little deli/anything store,wildlife trail.At that end of the island it is clearly the best far away from all the hustle bustle tourist traps but ,still close enough that if thats your thing ur welcome to drive there in a quick 5 to 10 minutes. I prefer to take advantage of the free bikes Lorry's have to ride in 20 minutes !! They have a beautiful courtyard that is outside your door step were you can tan ,grill or read a book on the swing!! This is one of the many features that grabbed me to have my wedding hear and bring my whole family as well.I found this rare ,while i was packing up to go i heard several guest making reservations to come back some in a month others next year.Since i had a great time i hopped in line and made mine to come back in august! If you want good advice take it from a 44 year old beach goddess like me,Lorry's is a BUDGET FRIENDLY motel with the QUALITY STAY of any five star place.Better get your reservations before the word gets out !! I'm booking the whole first floor next september for my wedding!!

Room Tip: Room 1 was great for our fishing trip.. Had a nice little private porch we could back our jeep righ...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
Darien, CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2012

My cousins were renting a house in the Holgate section of LBI, and we wanted to visit with them for a few days. Lorry's was the perfect location, quiet, and had lots of appreciated extras like breakfast, picnic area, full size fridge, bikes and beach passes. Best of all, the staff was very friendly and accomodating. We are staying there again this year. I would recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
Middletown, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Wanted to visit Long Beach Island for my birthday a couple of weeks ago and after visiting lots of websites and reading lots of reviews, decided on Lorry's. The location was great, the staff was very friendly and accomodating, and the prices cant be beat! After arriving, we were taken to our room and pleasantly surprised to find out that the owner had upgraded us to a larger room for no extra charge! The room was comfortable and clean with a large fridge, tv, and a nice table and chairs. Definitely a family friendly environment, all the way on the very end of the island so it was very quite and relaxing and just a short walk to the beach. Very pleased with our stay and cant wait to visit again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Quakertown, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Lorry's for the first time this weekend and we loved it. We called last minute and they only had a room for the one night we wanted, so the next day the manager was kind enough to help us find another hotel. We also didn't get to the motel until one in the morning and the manager stayed up to make sure we made it to the room okay. Lorry's had a very relaxing and quiet environment. It's walking distance to the beach. The room was clean and had a TV, microwave and full sized fridge. It offered so much for a great price! It's definitely a motel I would stay in again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Fort Lee, New Jersey
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Bill is the owner of Lorry's. He is upfront about his property. However, I was not expecting the motel to be so run down. My friends and I were on LBI for a wedding. I don't think there is a great selection for motels but this one was far from where we needed to be and location was a question that I had asked before I booked. So we did a lot of needless extra driving. The good part was that we did have an opportunity to explore the Island which we would not have done if we stayed closer to the wedding. Bill was accommodating. We asked for additional pillows and since there weren't any, he went out to buy some. I can see that this is a place for people who don't want to spend money on a room. There are barbeques and nice places to sit. They also serve good bagels in the morning. The room was clean. Our TV was broken and the next day a different one was put in. I did not care that the room was small. My major complaint was the bed. You should have a comfortable bed no matter where you stay. This mattress was was flat, hard and felt like it has plastic all around it. Not comfortable at all. There were no blankets. They use a bed spread as a blanket. You never know how well any hotel cleans their blankets and linens but the bedding was definitely an issue for me. This is not the kind of place I am used to staying in. I don't need luxury but I need more than this place could offer.

Room Tip: The manager lives on the second floor. People go upstairs for the breakfast (bagels and coffee) and...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
White Plains
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2012

The motel is located at the end of the island and it offers a perfect environment for a relaxing vacation. This is the absolute contrast to a place like e.g. Asbury Park, no boardwalk, no bars, no loud music and parties. The rooms are convenient and equipped with a refrigerator, microwave and TV, they are clean and the bathroom looked quite new. Beside that the place offers a very family-like atmosphere. The owner and the staff is extremely friendly. It's definitely a motel to come back to. Thumbs up!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo

Been to Lorry's Island End Motel? Share your experiences!