In early June 2014, my husband, 11-year old son, and I stayed one night at the Sea Spray Motel before we were able to check into our rented condo. When we visit LBI for short stays, we usually stay at the Mariner Inn or the Engleside, but we wanted to try a new place, so we decided to go to the Sea Spray on the border of Beach Haven and Holgate.
We loved having the huge pool to ourselves. They billed it as "heated," and once you got in and swam around, it was perfect, but definitely not as warm as the super heated Mariner's pool. There was lots of room for swimming in both a large deep end and another large shallow area, and there were many chairs and lounges available to relax in. Really great pool. We ended up getting up early the next morning and taking another swim.
We also were excited that they had a ping pong table, that was a nice touch. There is also a barbeque grill available, as well as a basketball hoop. The outside is very clean and well kept, and the beach is an easy walk across the street from the motel.
There were two chairs outside every room to enjoy the great breezes. The room itself was a typical beach motel room. There were two beds, a table and chairs, dresser with tv on top, plus a refrigerator and microwave. There was no carpeting, which was probably good considering the sand you end up dragging in, and they had a broom in the room to sweep things up. Everything was clean - no complaints. The bathroom was fine, and there were several mini-shampoos and soaps provided. The only thing the bathroom was lacking was a hook or two to hang towels or clothes, that was the only thing I would change about the room.
The front desk people were very friendly. And overall, the motel feels like a real family-friendly place to stay. You're not really walking distance to restaurants and stores here like you are when staying at the Mariner or the Engleside, but taking a short drive in the car is no big deal.
We would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone looking for a decent place to stay in the Beach Haven area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Spray Motel is located at the Southern End of Long Beach Island. We are just steps to the Beach and Bayfront. Nestled in a secluded residential neighborhood one mile south from the center of Beach Haven you will enjoy the beach, heated pool and lounge area, picnic area with gas grills and tables in a clean, quiet, well maintained, family oriented environment. Sound like an LBI paradise? Warning: you may not want to leave our premise. Yet the lore of the Queen City abounds. Beach Haven has offered world class resort enterainment for centuries. All motel rooms are well equipped including refridgerator, microwave, coffee maker, blow dryer, cable tv, ac, heat, phone, and free wifi. We also offer efficiencies, suites and apartments. The motel is across the street from the life guarded, fishing and surfing beaches. We will provide beach badges. We offer free off street parking. Our large inground pool offers an area to lounge in the sun and umbrella covered tables. We access a several mile bike lane passing the motel. Basket ball hoop area and ping pong table for more fun in the sun. Our staff attends to details and are willing to assist. We look forward to accommodating you visit.Thank you for choosing the Sea Spray Motel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Sea Spray Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Spray Hotel Beach Haven
- Sea Spray Beach Haven
- Sea Spray Motel Long Beach Island, NJ - Beach Haven