My wife and I stayed at the Sea Spray for 3 days around 6/28/12. We were fully delighted with every aspect of the place. We found plenty of parking on site, where there is no street parking allowed. The staff at check-in was super nice. We planned to use their small restroom outside the office put our swim suits on for the beach, but didn’t need to as our room was ready for check-in by about 11AM.
Our room was extremely clean as was the entire property. Our shower was a rel nice one-pice roomy insert type....NICE! There was never any concern about germs or bugs. We watched the cleaning crew in amazement several times. They left our room immaculate each day. They mopped the balconies every day! One day we watched in amazement as they methodically cleaned the pool area – wiping the lounges, cleaning the bottom of the tables, spray cleaning the pool’s water line (all of the girls together like an Olympic Clean Team!) The head cleaning lady obviously had her game together! OK – as you can tell - cleanliness is KEY for the wife and me!
In our room, the mini fridge, microwave, TV, and 1-cup coffee maker all worked well. If you drink lots of coffee, you might want to bring some extra pods (coffee bags).
I saw no elevators (3 stories). The air conditioners were a little noisy. They have a cool in-wall ice machine that was very dependable. The owner patrols the grounds all day making sure all is perfect. In the evening he enforces the quiet time around 9PM, which we considered a good thing! If you’re looking for a party-all-night hang-out, find another place. This establishment is for quiet, friendly couples and families. We used the gas grill there to make hot dogs one evening. The grills were like brand new and worked perfectly! The pool is heated – but the warm weather made that a moot point.
This motel is about a mile south of any other motels or restaurants (except an ice cream shop a block away). This seclusion seemed to make the beach much less crowded. The beach is a quick 2 minute walk across the street and down a nice boardwalk. Great clean beach! Lifeguards were a couple of blocks away but we swam freely in the ocean. North a mile is a nice outside shopping mall with plenty of restaurants. And there’s the amusement park there for kids. I highly recommend this motel and will certainly be staying there every time we visit Beach Haven, NJ.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sea Spray Motel is located at the Southern End of Long Beach Island. We are just steps to the Beach and Bayfront. Nestled in a secluded residential neighborhood one mile south from the center of Beach Haven you will enjoy the beach, heated pool and lounge area, picnic area with gas grills and tables in a clean, quiet, well maintained, family oriented environment. Sound like an LBI paradise? Warning: you may not want to leave our premise. Yet the lore of the Queen City abounds. Beach Haven has offered world class resort enterainment for centuries. All motel rooms are well equipped including refridgerator, microwave, coffee maker, blow dryer, cable tv, ac, heat, phone, and free wifi. We also offer efficiencies, suites and apartments. The motel is across the street from the life guarded, fishing and surfing beaches. We will provide beach badges. We offer free off street parking. Our large inground pool offers an area to lounge in the sun and umbrella covered tables. We access a several mile bike lane passing the motel. Basket ball hoop area and ping pong table for more fun in the sun. Our staff attends to details and are willing to assist. We look forward to accommodating you visit.Thank you for choosing the Sea Spray Motel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Odigeo and Expedia so you can book your Sea Spray Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sea Spray Hotel Beach Haven
- Sea Spray Beach Haven
- Sea Spray Motel Long Beach Island, NJ - Beach Haven