“Good Place to Drink” 3 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Tuckerton, New Jersey
“Good Place to Drink”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

This is a good place to go drink on LBI. I've never eaten there, but I hear it's pretty good. I think they have bands sometimes. You should really just go to Buckalew's though.

Visited July 2012

“I thought it was great food good vibes .”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

I would go any time especially if my GF patents are paying . I would go again . Food was so good . Wait staff amazing .

• Visited May 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“This restaurant has a severe identity crisis!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2012

The Marlin doesn't know if it wants to be a restaurant or a bar or a concert arena. The wait was 45-60 minutes at the Black Whale so we walked over to the Marlin. They had a large sign outside that said "Kids Eat Free 4:30 to 6:30". That is always worrisome. Inside the place was pretty empty. Even more worrisome. There were several people (counted 6) working by the kitchen.

The service was terrible. It took a great deal of time for the waitress to come. We had to ask for bread when we saw that the table next to us had bread and were seated after us. The drinks took forever. We ordered 2 of the special appetizers. Very yummy. That was the only high point. Dinner entrees (when they finally came) were disappointing without much flavor. I am not sure what those 6 people working in the kitchen for such an empty restaurant were doing.

We had to ask for our check twice and for our leftover food to be wrapped up twice. We watched the waitress carry our food around with her to the bar and to the back and then back to our table and it still wasn't wrapped up. When our check finally came, surprise, surprise, we were charged for the kids.

Just avoid the aggravation of the Marlin if you can.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Staten Island, New York
“Not worth the wait”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

My friend recommended we eat at Marlins because he ate there before and had a good meal. The place was very nice but the management needs to retrain staff. It was prime time dinner hour and they had many unclean dining tables. The hostess kept telling people 40-45 minutes causing people to go elsewhere. Had they cleaned the tables they could have seated the people quicker. The menu had a good selection. I ordered a few appetizers as my dinner. The baked clams were horrible! Hardly any clam (the clams were diced) and they were over cooked and dried out. The calamari was good. The mussells were better but they were not cultured and had a lot of sand in them. This place was a bit pricey, I won't be back here again.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Mendham, NJ
“We always enjoy a dinner here.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2012

The Marlin doesn't get great review but we always enjoy eating here. Some nights we have a steak, others we have a salad and share a specialty pizza. Either way, it is always good. I enjoy the mood of the restaurant and always have a nice time.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere