“Pathetic example of how not to run a restaurant.....” 1 of 5 stars

Cuisines: German
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
nj
“Pathetic example of how not to run a restaurant.....”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013 via mobile

We have been vacationing on LBI for 10 years, and most years we stop in here for dinner. Not because it's a great version of European food. The food is usually just ok. But it is a nice break from the usual fare on the island, and we like our kids to have a variety of menus. AND we have had German au pairs with us (as we did tonight) so it's a fun family night out.
So tonight we arrived at 5:10 pm. On Monday. Seven people, 3 of us kids. Granted, we did not have a reservation. The parking lot was 3/4 empty. 5:10 pm on a Monday. The dining room was AT BEST 20% occupied. We were told it would take 15-20 minutes to seat us, and possibly a very long wait for food. On a Monday. At 5:10. Guy told us they just seated 'a very large party'..biggest table I saw walking thru the dining room was a table of 8. And the rest of the room was nearly empty. Then we were told that they expected a "large crowd" coming in soon. At 5:10. On a Monday.
We left. Went back on the island and had one of the best meals at the Blue Water Cafe.
Auf Wiedersehen.
Stupid way to run a business.

Visited August 2013

New York City, New York
“Lovely view, ok food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013 via mobile

Party of 8, arrived by boat. Sat up top. Nice view. Waitress slow at clearing the mess from last party. Good chowder, clam strips, knackwurst, bratwurst, eggplant and regular fries, crab cake, fish sandwich, pretzel bites, and soft pretzel. Decent enough foor. Informal. Bring a sweatshirt for after sundown.

• 3 of 5 stars Food
“Awful”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

Me and my husband are staying in lbi and took a ride over to dutchmans. I had the baby back ribs which were so hard I had to have my husband cut them and I couldn't even get the meat off the bone. When I returned them to our waiter he took them back to the chef/owner and he preceded to say the were delious there is nothing wrong with them. He then wrapped them in a to go box and told the waiter to give them back to me and he said he wasn't taking it off the check even though I barely ate one! Our waiter was very good! But will never go back because of the owner! He doesn't deserve the business not does he know how to run one! The customer is always right!

• 1 of 5 stars Food
Tuckerton, New Jersey
“Nothing extraordinary, but I'd go back.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013 via mobile

I dined there last night with my husband and a friend. My friend and I had the Jagerschnitzel and my husband had the duck. We shared an order of pretzels. The food was good, but not great. The portions are ENORMOUS -- get the half portion! They have a pretty good selection of beer.

The service was good -- attentive but not overly so.

The meal for 3 people came to $120 without tip. This is not a great value, even in a shore town.

Overall, I'd go there again, but I'm not likely to become a regular.

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Swedesboro, New Jersey
“Great View”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013

Nice place to end your day at the beach. We sat outside on the deck which offered beautiful views of the water. The bar was full of happy and fun people and the servers worked hard. We had the knockwurst sandwich on a pretzel roll with french fries. The sandwich was good. The beer on tap - Miller Light and the IPA seemed to be watered down, our only disappointment. Bring cash, the outdoor area and I'm guessing the bar too, only take cash. Thank goodness there is an ATM on site.

• 3 of 5 stars Food