We visited over Labor Day and liked the atmosphere at the Windward a lot; it's also well positioned near the beach and a short walk into town. The overall facility is in need of sprucing up. I understand that this is new management, and things take time, but the overall feel of the place is sort of 80s furniture with a fair number of miles on the odometer. We also would have appreciated coffee and maybe some light breakfast (though there's a good bagel place in walking distance), which I understand may also be in the works. We did enjoy our stay and would definitely return. We totally second the view expressed by another reviewer that this is a much more pleasant place to stay than the beachside "resort" hotels in town (the concept is a gross misnomer here-- they are like 60s hotels with the charm of a Howard Johnson motoer lodge).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 200 steps to white sand of LBI, Windward at the Beach in Beach Haven, NJ, exudes a beach/surf vibe. Relax, unwind, rejuvenate - it's the Pure Jersey Shore! Many lodging options, including studios, efficiencies and two room suites with full kitchens - children welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Windward at the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windward At The Beach Hotel Beach Haven
- Windward At The Beach Long Beach Island, NJ - Beach Haven