We stayed in one of the 3rd floor rooms, loved it, it was like being in a cosy nest! The room was a nice size and the bathroom had lots of room. Both beds are comfortable, and the quality of the linens/towels was wondeful. Terrific cross breezes we had little use of the air conditioner. The Windward has a great location, close to an uncrowded and well maintained beach, and many restaurants and a very nicely appointed grocery. Super easy check in and check out.
A couple of things: Since we were on the third floor and it is an older building, it can take several minutes for warm water to arrive, but once it does, wow, plentiful. If you are sensitive to morning light, bring a sleeping mask, can be very bright on sunny mornings, but it gets your day started that much earlier...not a moment to waste on LBI
We absolutely love LBI and staying at the Windward, it will be a new summer tradition for us!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 200 steps to white sand of LBI, Windward at the Beach in Beach Haven, NJ, exudes a beach/surf vibe. Relax, unwind, rejuvenate - it's the Pure Jersey Shore! Many lodging options, including studios, efficiencies and two room suites with full kitchens - children welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Windward at the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windward At The Beach Hotel Beach Haven
- Windward At The Beach Long Beach Island, NJ - Beach Haven