My husband and I along with our 2 children 11 and 8 spent a wonderful few days at the Windward at the end of August. We stayed in room #3 very comfortably and loved having the enclosed porch right outside our door. It is a great place to read when the kids are trying to go to sleep. We were able to eat breakfast and lunch in the room - thanks to the kitchen. The inn is very beachy and Tami made us feel at home.
The location of the Windward could not be better. 1 block to the beach, a couple of blocks to restaurants, nearby mini golf, a nice walk to fantasy island. We only got in our car to head up to the lighthouse. We even got to watch a movie in the park when we were there.
All in all a great family vacation at the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Just 200 steps to white sand of LBI, Windward at the Beach in Beach Haven, NJ, exudes a beach/surf vibe. Relax, unwind, rejuvenate - it's the Pure Jersey Shore! Many lodging options, including studios, efficiencies and two room suites with full kitchens - children welcome! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Windward at the Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Windward At The Beach Hotel Beach Haven
- Windward At The Beach Long Beach Island, NJ - Beach Haven