“Pleasantly surprised” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel
You added Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel to your Saves list
21 Coral St., PO Box 1175, Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Beach Haven
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2014

We booked this motel last minute, and being that it was a motel I wasn't expecting much. However, I was extremely pleased. Outdated rooms? Yes. But CLEAN! The staff/management was extremely helpful and polite. The pool was nice. Not only was it located on the beach, but it is in the heart of Beach Haven. We walked to a bunch of breakfast spots, and only drove a few minutes for dinner. My boyfriend and I already can't wait to return. The AC could be a little stronger, and maybe bring your own towels as they were a little small and not so soft.

Best part was that when you returned home, your belongings didn't smell like you stayed in a motel.

Go eat at The Chicken and the Egg, amazing wings and crab omelette. 3 block walk. Also had a romantic dinner at Stefano's. High end Italian, but BYOB so it works out. Delicious.

Room Tip: Book in advance so you can choose an ocean front room even though I wasn't disappointed with the...

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New Windsor, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2014

Motel is spotless. Nice pool. Dated but clean. Could use fabric softener on the towels. Does not have a room safe. Will stay there again. Great location. Water front location. Owner on site. Family owned and operated. You can walk to good places to eat. Good A/C. recommend Pearl Street Deli around the coner from the motel for good take out. Barry's Do Me A Flavor for inexpensive good food and ice cream. Chicken Or The Egg also good place to eat.

Room Tip: Ocean view room on second floor.
Cold Spring, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

Perfect location. Quiet, friendly and surrounded by nightlife, unbeatable breakfast, and sweet home grown shops!! Most important the beach is your backyard, and a clean pool is waiting for your pleasure!! (...refrigerator in room!)

Room Tip: I probably would alter the way I used the A/C...as 2 out of 3 left with sore throats.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
LaGrangeville, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2014

have been going to LBI for 6 years now this was our first and last time at the coral sea
the room was infested with mold they did offer another room only if we stayed in the mold room for the nite we checked out with a full refund we also found a motel two blocks from the ocean a little out dated but no smell of mold or mildew

Room Tip: always check the room b4 you check
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

I moved to PA from Texas several years ago and I so missed living on "the island" and going to the beach daily...fortunately a good friend "introduced" me to LBI and I'm completely in love with the island! Last September (yes, I very late writing this review) I decided on a whim to head to LBI by myself (very last minute! decided on a Saturday morning to go that very day), I was ecstatic when the owner told me to "come on down, we've got a room for you". the only bad part is, I just couldn't leave after only one night :-) the location is absolutely the BEST, the owners, management, housekeeping, other guests, etc.. are all so warm and welcoming that I felt like I was back home in Texas after only just meeting them! Once I parked my car in their lot, I never drove again the entire time because EVERYTHING you would want to do is walking distance (including grocery store, restaurants, etc) but even better, you can literally walk right out on to the sand! I "set up camp" on the beach only footsteps from my room so the other benefit was I could easily go back to my room to use the bathroom, grab another beer, etc
I must admit this is the very first time I've ever written a review on tripadvisor but I felt compelled because this place has everything!! (and it's important to mention I've an avid business traveler who is accustomed to first class travel and 5-star hotels (granted, the Coral Seas is far from a 5-star, but the people and the location make it my 1st choice for LBI!)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
New Brunswick, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

First of all, this is definitely a no-frills place, but that being said, with your expectation for what it is, this was a very nice place to stay for a couple of days.

My mother and I, plus my ten year old brother spent a few days here and we loved it. It's right next to the beach, we didn't even put our shoes on to go there. There's a little shower/hose to rinse sand off on the side of the building which was very convenient. We had a first floor pool-side room, which was very nice. The pool is soooo much better than what the pictures on their website show. It was a nice temp, and plenty big for a bunch of people to swim in. It went from a few feet to eight feet deep, and had sloping sides. There's chairs to sun in and a few tables with umbrellas, which were nice. We ate out on the tables once or twice.

The staff was very polite and friendly, and chatted or said hello when they passed by. My little brother is in the autism spectrum and was treated very politely as well. Mostly it seemed the people staying here were mothers, daughters, and children. It was decently quiet, and you could hear the ocean with the windows open at night.

One of the best things about it was the location. We got there, parked, and then didn't get in the car again until we left for home. It also had plenty of parking. If you got there before your room was ready, you could park and they have a changing room for you to use the pool or head straight to the beach. Also, everything in Beach Haven was a 10-20 minute walk away (for slow walking).

Our room came with a mini fridge and ac, and was exceptionally clean. Let me stress CLEAN. The sheets were spotless, our bathroom impeccable, and the shower sparkling. The decor is beachy and dated, but I enjoyed it. Surprisingly roomy as well for the three of us.

Overall we went to relax by the beach and the pool and got what we came for at a good value. Definitely would return and would recommend others staying there.

Room Tip: Our room on bottom floor seems to be newer, probably because of Sandy. If you don't care about a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Princeton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

This place definitely has its ups and downs.

Pros:
Very close to the beach.
It was very quiet at night.
Nice pool. They seemed to take good care of it.
Room size was fine. The mini fridge was nice to have as was the small microwave.

Cons:

You might have trouble parking.

The website states there is no smoking allowed anywhere on property but there were ashtrays outside every room and plenty of smokers everywhere including by the pool.

My room had a weird, funky smell. It wasn't the typical beachy, musty smell you'd expect but rather an unpleasant mix of stale beer/cigarettes. I thought it was urine at first. I've been home since yesterday and can still smell it on my luggage which is currently airing out on my back deck.. Housekeeping came to clean up during our stay but I suspect that years of smoking and spilled beer have done permanent damage to the carpets and wood panel walls. (yes, wood paneling).

Bring your own pillows.

Wifi wasn't reliable which wasn't too big a deal for us..

I'm not sure I would stay again since it was almost $700 (including several different taxes) for two nights in a raunchy smelling room and surrounded by smokers. But if you are a smoker, go for it! You won't notice the raunchy smell and the location can't be beat.

Room Tip: If you are paying for an ocean front room, make sure it's on the top floor. Ours was on the midd...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Been to Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!