“NICE STAY” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel
You added Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel to your Saves list
21 Coral St., PO Box 1175, Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Beach Haven
BELLE MEAD
“NICE STAY”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014

My husband and I stayed over night for my birthday. Room & grounds were clean, staff very friendly. Everything was within walking distance, which is always nice. Price was comparable to other motels in area.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2014

we weren't expecting much when booking this hotel, it looked very old school and lived up to that charm. it's right on the beach - can't ask for much more. free parking.

the rooms are outdated (to be expected). we had 2 full beds, very romantic for us traveling as a couple lol.

there's a pool, it was too cold outside to use, but looked nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
North Andover, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2014

My husband and I were going to attend a wedding in Beach Haven.We researched all the reviews we could.We choosed Coral Seas although the reviews were mixed.It was a great location.The owners were very friendly and accommadating.The room was oceanfront,every morning I sat on the deck to watch the sun rise.Our family got together at the pool to converse.I would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Definitely choose an ocean front room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with friends
NJ
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

Stayed here for a wedding in October 2013. Even though the bride and groom blocked off rooms for their guests, the motel actually charged a higher rate per night than their regular price because we didn't meet their 'two night minimum.' I thought that to be a little excessive not only because it was part of a wedding block, but also because it was off-season. When I booked the room, they would not accept a reservation with my credit card....so I had to send in a check via snail mail to hold the room for more than half the cost of what they were charging for the room (that they cashed weeks before the wedding). I've had hotels place a hold on my credit card for a room reservation before, but this was a bit over the top. The room was decent, and as clean as any musty outdated beach motel can be. Bottom line: I would have never put up with their pricing or outdated booking practices for such a sub-par place if it wasn't for the wedding. I don't know that I'll be back.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
New York, New York, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed at the Coral Seas in September. We were in Beach Haven for a wedding. The location is great, right on the beach and two blocks from the wedding venue. The property could use some updating but it was quiet and the pool was very inviting!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Ewing, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My wife and I have been visiting Beach Haven a couple times per year since 2000. We will definitely be adding the Coral Seas to our list of good accommodations.

Room: We stayed in a suite, which was perfectly sized for us and our two small children (3 & 5). The entry room had a living area with pullout couch and adjoining mini-kitchen (dorm fridge, microwave, sink, & table); the bedroom had two double beds + bathroom (shower+tub). Each room had a wall-mounted flat-screen TV with cable; free wifi available. (Note that the TVs have accessible input jacks; next time I would consider bringing a DVD player for the kids instead of our small TV/DVD combo.) The rooms are separated by a sliding wooden door. The third floor suite was bright, with lots of sun coming in from the north and south facing windows. The entry room had a sliding door with screen. Outside it was 4 chairs and small table, overlooking the pool but with a slight view of the ocean. While it wasn't private, there was little foot traffic on the 3rd floor so quite peaceful (except for our own kids -- sorry, everybody, we try!).

Location: The rooms are servicable, though not spectacular. The real selling point here is the location. It is just steps from the beach, and only a short walk from the heart of Beach Haven restaurants (i.e. Chicken and the Egg is only minutes away by foot). The beach trips with the kids were neat and tidy, with a nice clean-up station available.

Clientele: As mentioned, we were traveling as 2 parents + 2 small kids. And we weren't alone. By my nosy estimate, there were at least 3 other families with young kids. The rest of the clientele was predominantly an older crowd. I did not notice any 20-somethings; nobody would mistake this for a cool young scene. This may have been due to the mid-September dates, but I suspect this is the atmosphere they cultivate. Overall pretty quiet, laid back, and mellow. Quiet enough that I was well aware when my kids were getting too noisy.

Other: A motel pool is not something I usually care about, but in this case it was clearly a positive attribute of the Coral Seas. It has a nice shallow section for the kids, and turned out to be a winner with the family. They close the pool near dusk, so it does not turn into a party scene at night.

Overall: We've stayed at a number of Beach Haven locations, as our own travel needs have changed through the years. Where we are now with the small kids, the Coral Seas is a great option. (I still pine for the hot-tub room at the Engleside, but maybe another year...)

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Vienna, Wien, Austria
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed at the Coral Seas in August of 2013. It was in the best location on the Island in Beach Haven, and the entrance to the beach was 20 feet from the motel. We booked a standard room with 2 double beds. There was a mini-fridge in the room as well as a coffee maker. They also provide Wi-Fi at the motel and the connection was strong. If you need a blow dryer, just ask at the reception and you can borrow one. We had a parking spot for the duration of our stay, although the lot was pretty full. Reception was very friendly, the rooms were impeccably clean, the beds were on the firm side but comfortable, and the pool was in the sun all day and very relaxing. While I would describe the decor in the rooms as dated, we aren't so picky about looks as long as everything is clean. Also the air conditioner in the room was very old, but it worked just fine. At night we slept well, didn't hear the neighbors at all even though the entire motel was full. This is more of a quiet family place, so if you are looking to party and be loud in the evenings this is not your motel. Each room had two lawn chairs outside of the room door under the covered porch/walkway. Everyone left their towels on the railing or suit etc. to dry overnight. There was also space there to leave your beach chairs/boogie boards etc. so you didn't get sand in your room. If your a smoker, there is no smoking in the rooms but you can sit outside the room on the lawn chairs. Also in the pool area, there were some round tables with umbrellas, which were nice for when we ate at the motel since there is no real table to eat at in the room. The pool was open from about 9-7pm if I remember correctly. Really the only negative thing I could think to say about Coral Seas, is that the pillows were not as fluffy as I like. Also the smoke detector was removed from our room, not sure why. But really there is nothing bad about this motel! I highly recommend it! Also the room price was right on or a little bit less than other motels/hotels on LBI, although it is not cheap to stay anywhere on this Island.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel? Share your experiences!