I've stayed several times at another motel in Beach Haven. It was OK but it wasn't right on the beach and it was on the outskirts of town. This time I wanted to be on the beach so despite a few negative reviews on "tripadvisor," I took a chance on Coral Seas and WASN'T DISAPPOINTED! We chose an oceanview room with a private little balcony and kept the door open throughout our 3-day stay. It was wonderful seeing, hearing and smelling the ocean! The room was modest but very clean. I've stayed at 4-star hotels where I had to call for clean towels, a new remote or lightbulb ...never the case here. The staff was great. The pool was immaculate. Yes, you can find less expensive places, but you're paying for LOCATION. My 11-year old daughter and I walked to breakfast and dinner restaurants, the amusement park, arcade, miniature golf, the supermarket and many wonderful shops. I don't think we used the car at all during our stay.
I chatted with the manager/owner and he is great. As for the negative reviews, I think some people will always find something to complain about. If you're looking for a Hilton or Hyatt, you won't find one in Beach Haven. If you want a great, clean motel right on the beach within walking distance of EVERYTHING, my daughter and I recommend Coral Seas. We look forward to our return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are oceanfront in the heart of Beach Haven. Our oceanfront rooms each have a private balcony. Our standard rooms and suites overlook the pool. We are a quiet, family and couples oriented motel. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Coral Seas Oceanfront Hotel Beach Haven
- Hotel Coral Seas Oceanfront
- Coral Seas Oceanfront Motel Long Beach Island, NJ - Beach Haven