“Mr. Hurley Rocks:)))” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hurley's At Holgate Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hurley's At Holgate Inn
Save Saved
You added Hurley's At Holgate Inn to your Saves list
4804 South Long Beach Blvd., Beach Haven Inlet, Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in Beach Haven
Naperville, Illinois
“Mr. Hurley Rocks:)))”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

Nice, clean hotel. Mr. Hurley entertained us and made us laugh every day. He and his wife were wonderful. Not a fancy place, but so homey, quaint and clean! We didn't want to leave.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family

88 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Turnersville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2010

Stayed there for a few days and loved the place. Mike the owner was a great host and made us feel at home. My kids enjoyed him and thouht he worked to much. He was always cleaning and repairing things and on top of it he always had a smile on his face. We enjoyed the location of the motel. We were within steps of the beach and only 2 miles from the center of town. We all enjoyed the quiet surroundings. I would recommended this motel to others. Look forward to going to LBI next year and seeing our friends at Hurleys Inn!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Little Falls, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I just returned from an extended weekend stay with my wife at Hurley's. We got married in June and wanted to take a quick and affordable honeymoon weekend away until we can save up for a longer trip. We did some research here on tripadvisor.com for places to stay on LBI and Hurley's looked like the perfect place based on the reviews we read. We weren't disappointed! In fact, I would recommend Hurley's for anyone looking for a nice, clean and affordable room with a great location. Hurley's is at the southern end of the island, convenient to all of the attractions in Beach Haven, but just far enough away to be quiet and free of the hustle and bustle. We loved being able to walk right across the street to the beach to watch the sunrise and enjoy the ocean each day. Beach badges were provided. We also loved having breakfast on the deck outside our room each morning. Mike and Marianne are both very nice and helpful. It's great staying somewhere that you're on a first name basis with the owners. Coffee and orange juice are provided each morning on the front porch as well as a cooler with spring water that's available throughout the day. Hurley's was the perfect place for us to stay and enjoy a fun and relaxing weekend getaway. We'll definitely be back!! Thanks, Mike and Marianne!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2010

I have stayed at Hurley's at least 5 times and would come back anytime. Close to the beach, free and accessible parking, quiet, confident staff and VERY reasonably priced. I would come back here anytime. They are open more than half the year and as long as you aren't trying to come down during a holiday you can almost always get a room last minute. Like I have said in my other reviews, I have stayed in almost every single hotel/motel on LBI.... I would consider this place top 3 on LBi no questions asked.

Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
Yonkers
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2010

Reserved a room by telephone. Paid for one night as a deposit w/credit card. Arrived and was charged for both nights immediately. Checked in and dropped bags in room. Returned late that night, only to find room smelled awful. Tried to air it out and turned on A/C. Smelled musty and of cat urine. Too late to call owner. Tried to sleep, but smell was so pungent and I wouldn't take my shoes off. Carpet filthy. Went to relatives in middle of the night. to sleep. Left for day outing next morning, but tried to air out again and turned a/c on. Returned late at night again. No improvement. Went to relatives again. Checked out early next a.m. Told owner's daughter about the problem. She said her father (owner) would refund me for one night of the 2 nights. Went home. Never got a credit on my credit card. Called and spoke w/Mrs. Hurley and wrote, but they "rescinded" on their commitment to refund me for one of the 2 nights. Not only was this accommodation unacceptable, poor customer service by promising me a refund and then not following through.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo
Maire7, Owner at Hurley's At Holgate Inn, responded to this review, July 30, 2010
In today's economic climate some people have found a new way to beat the cost of traveling. Reserve a room for two days,check in and go about your business. On the first morning of your reservation your room is serviced (cleaned) bed made, bathroom cleaned, trash removed and still no sign of the guest who was on the Island visiting relatives who had no extra room to put her up. Then on the last day as you are checking out at 11AM tell the owners the room was unsatisfactory, it smelled and you want your second night refunded. If it is not refunded, then you will contact every known hotel review, her lawyer, the Better business Bureau and the N. J. Chamber of Commerce and you will now seek reimbursement for both nights. Please note that this individual never sort out one of us (4) during her stay to tell us about a problem, never picked up her cell phone to contact us to try and resolve the problem or to drop a note and leave her keys in the mailbox for "early checkouts" nor did she remove her belongings.The a/c in that room is new, the carpets were professionally cleaned and deodorized in May (her visit was June) and although I am nuts about animals, we are not pet friendly.We are also located 75 feet from the ocean and apporoximately 500 feet from the bay. I am assuming that on the second night her relatives found space for her and she could kick herself for having a room she didn't need and the solution to issue threats and lies about the motel so she could get the money back in her pocket. I am not going to be threathened or blackmailed by anyone and now we await the decision of her credit card company. She utilized the room and deprived me of renting it to someone else. The couple who moved into the room the next day specifically ask for that room every July 4th and had no problem, nor did anyone else prior to her or since. I stand by the cleanliness of my rooms and our willingness to go out of our way to help a guest resolve a problem. We are not mindreaders nor individuals who will subject themselves to threats.
Allentown, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2010

The Owners were very friendly, no doubt about that! The location is great, if you like it quiet and very close to the awesome beach! The The rooms were a bit dated, could use some make up! At night it was just hot, the wall A/C was pretty noisy, so that I thought about turning it off to get a good night's sleep. It's a Motel, so they don't have breakfast. They had coffee and orange juice, which was free. They had an outside shower, which is a plus if you like to go to the beach often but don't like the sand in your room. Free Wi FI!

Overall, I found it a bit pricy but the owners were very friendly.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
office
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2010

If you like the Jersey Shore and want to spend the day on the beach with your family, Hurley's is the place to be. Literally steps from the cleanest, white sandy beach you can find, Hurley's is so convenient it is a home run for anyone that stays there. My wife and I have coming been here for years, and the Hurley's run a first class operation. My summer were spent on the beach in LBI, and I am happy to see that my 5 and 4 year old boys enjoy it just as much as me.

Stayed August 2009, traveled with family

Been to Hurley's At Holgate Inn? Share your experiences!