“Low Key Wonderful Getaway” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hurley's At Holgate Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hurley's At Holgate Inn
Save Saved
You added Hurley's At Holgate Inn to your Saves list
4804 South Long Beach Blvd., Beach Haven Inlet, Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Beach Haven
New York City
“Low Key Wonderful Getaway”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

Hurley's is not an inn. It is a lovely, immaculately clean motel. It is the farthest south lodging on Long Beach Island, but only about two miles from the town of Beach Haven. It is directly across the street from the beach. Rooms 2, 3 and 4 are on the second floor and have a nice view of the surf. We stayed in room 10, which is the handicap room; we stayed there because it had recently been completely redone. It is located in the rear on a quiet corner of the building and has its own parking space right in front of its door.

The first thing we noticed is how clean this place is. They even provide clean towels every day. When we checked in the owner gave us beach passes (they do check for them a couple of times every day).

We can't wait to go back. If you are looking for quiet and solitude, this is a wonderful place; great for families - they even have a grill for guest use in back.

Room Tip: The owner will help you select when you call. Only ten rooms, none bad.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2014

We had a great stay at Hurley's. The motel is located on a very quiet part of Long Beach Island
right across the street from the beach. The room my wife and i stayed in was very comfortable
and clean. My only warning would be that if you like to sleep in you should consider which room you want to stay in, we were woken up every morning early by a beautiful but very bright sunrise!
The Room had tv with cable and a mini fridge that worked great. the owners are very helpful and friendly. Also very affordable. great idea for couples.

Room Tip: if you like to sleep in, pick a room away from the east side the rooms get very sunny on the morning...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

My family and I had an amazing stay at Hurley's. The motel has an amazing charm to it. Our room was very clean. It is right across the street from the beach. The owner is great and really makes you feel welcome.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Monroe, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here this past weekend. The room were great and very clean. The staff was extremely nice. I would highly recommend this place and will def stay there again in the near future..

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Allentown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

My husband and I were looking to get away to enjoy the beach for a day or two without the kids and Hurley's was the answer! Steps away from the sand, a small, quiet, clean Inn. This place is a labor of love, and it shows! The paint isn't perfect and it's not over-done but it was clean and the owners very friendly! Nice amenities of the coffee, juice & ice for guests available all the time. The first night we were the only guests in the 3 front rooms so we sat with the door open and enjoyed the beach sounds and the views.
My only recommendation for the owners is too look into getting the counter/bar height chairs for the tables on the deck outside, because once you sat down all you could see was the railing-so to enjoy the view you had to stand. Possible something in the rooms promoting other business near-by. We didn't know about the deli a block south and drove north to Beach Haven to grab lunch.
We will definitely go back for another adult get-away!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Glen Rock, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

I had the opportunity to visit LBI without husband and kids and Hurleys was just fine for me as I was looking for a quiet beach (literally across the street) and only required a clean room with cable TV (HBO was a plus) and wireless internet. I stayed in a small queen room on the second floor with ocean views from my windows and patio table. I didn't need air conditioning at all and slept with windows open and it was quiet. No pool (like most motels) usually means no children, which usually translates to less noise. The deli a few blocks away had decent breakfast and sandwiches. The Boardwalk ice cream shopped about half a mile away had great ice cream. Those are the only businesses so again more peaceful than other LBI locations. Again the rooms are basic and whomever painted my newly remodeled bathroom needs glasses, however it was all I needed for a quiet escape from busy Bergen County and family. And the patio Keurig machine was much appreciated each morning and upon returning from dinner. I will return

• Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
Reisterstown, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

We decided to visit LBI as a side trip to Easton, PA (a long story.) Hurley's was found online and a reservation made easily. My wife had visited the Holgate area many times since her childhood, and she wanted to go back after not being there for almost 15 years. We were there near the one year anniversary of hurricane Sandy. Hurley's has recovered pretty much physically from the 1st floor level being destroyed - pushed up into the 2nd floor as described by the owner. Our room was fresh and comfortable. Only problem was the Internet service, which was being worked on during our visit. The off-season rate was quite reasonable, and the location is great to see the end of the island community.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hurley's At Holgate Inn? Share your experiences!