“Aboslutely HORRIBLE” 1 of 5 stars

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
manahawkin
“Aboslutely HORRIBLE”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2011

After waiting at least 2 years, we finally decided to try Pinziminio tonight. We arrived at 8:20 pm to a packed restaurant. We ordered appetizers, which I have to say were really good. I did not like the fact that the dipping oil on the table had no plate to dip the bread into the oil. Also, there was no salt and pepper on the table to season the oil...guess that was an extra charge. As for the entrees, I had angel hair pasta with schrimp, clams, mussles and who knows what kind of fish (extremely small portion). Sauce was good but for $30 a plate I should have had more then 2 schrimp and a piece of fish the waitress knew the name of. As for the other dishes ordered, the alfredo sauce lacked flavor and the seafood risotto, forget about it. The teeny tiny schrimp on this dish should be an embarrasment to the chef. They looked like they came from shop rite frozen food department. Now lets take service...or lack of. Absolutly HORRIBLE need I say more. Two of the entrees were served and then we waited what seemed to be forever for the second two plates. After our appetizers the resturant emptied out. There was no reason for the delay. We were so dissappointed with the meal we never entertained dessert. With the bill at $130 for four, no alcohol, we will never return!!!! So much to be said for the locals trying to support the resturants off season...next time we will just go south.

• Visited April 2011
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Forked River, New Jersey
“not worth it”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2010

I grew up on LBI and have lived in the surrounding areas my entire life. Never have I encountered a place that was so snobby. For some reason, they stay open year round, but are rude to the locals, and cater only to the vacationers. If they are open 12 months out of the year, 4 of those months being 'in-season', why would they not appreciate those who keep them going for the rest of the 8 months? I've eaten in the restaurant and have personally spoken to Karen the owner about catering. She was rude and dismissive because of my low budget for my wedding. It would be one thing if she was honest and understanding, while addressing the fact that she could not cater within my budget, but that was not the case. I do have friends who are locals who seem to have better experiences with her and the restaurant in general.
I am just being honest when I say that I have eaten there, and you can get a much better Italian meal at Raimundo's or Stefano's for the same price. The portions are big, but so are the egos. Karen should appreciate all of her patrons (locals or vacationers) and treat them with respect. Especially the locals who keep her afloat in the winter!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Old Tappan, New Jersey
“Pinziminio - Buon Gusto!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

The menu is filled with wonderful items. The plentiful crispy-crust bread and olive oil to dip is a nice starter. There are both hot and cold appetizers including a tasty yellowfin tuna carpaccio. Among my personal favorites are the Caesar salad (which is enormous and can easily be shared by two or even three people), the seafood risotto and the country style rigatoni. Dining on the deck is a great way to take in an LBI sunset. Jim and Karen do a great job of paying attention to every customer. We love this place!

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Fine dining in LBI”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2010

After reading some of the reviews on trip advisor, we were a little concerned. We are foodies from Philly and enjoy a nice night out at many of the restaurants in the city. We were pleasantly surprised to find a gem in Pinziminio. The exterior of the building does nothing to hint at the nicely appointed interior. High ceilings and windows add to the dramatic space. The buzz in the room was lively. We brought a nice bottle of wine (they are BYOB) and that helped keep the final bill under $90 for two people. Considering the quality and taste of our three courses, that was a bargain. We enjoyed a hefty winter green salad and surprisingly light eggplant parmigiana (not fried and not too much cheese) for our appetizers. Two pasta dishes including the signature Pinziminio chicken were on point and nicely presented. Both desserts (oreo cookie and hazlenut ice cream based) topped off the meal perfectly with our cappucinos.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
New York
“Awful, will never go here again!”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

My husband and I decided to try Pinziminio over the weekend and were so angry by the time we left. We walked in at about 6pm on a Saturday night without a reservation and the hostess said she could seat us outside with no wait which was the only positive aspect of the VERY LONG evening.

We were sat at our table which had a bottl eof olive oil that was without a cap, when the waiter finally showed up 10 mins later her said "wow, your olive oil has no cap, that's weird" and did nothing about it. It was sitting outside, very unsanitary. We were then warned by the waiter not to put in an appetizer order prior to ordering our meal because it messes up their computer system and takes forever or something. Let me tell you, that didn't seem to make a difference. We waited probably a half hour for the caesar salad to arrive- which was the only good food we had the entire meal. Then we waited probably 45 minutes or so for our entrees.

I had chiken pinziminio and I hated it. The sauce is terrible, and I tried to scrape as much of it off as I could so I could salvage some of the chicken and plain pasta. My husband's chicken rollatina was OK at best, but the bed of marsala mush it came on was just disgusting.

The service was just so bad, the waiter never came by and we were there for about 2.5 hours, most of that time spent waiting for something. The staff at this restaurant seems way too comfortable and arrogant. It was really some of the worst food I've ever had so I don't know what they're so confident about.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere