“Love this place” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Spray Beach Inn

You added Spray Beach Inn to your Saves list
Spray Beach Inn
24th St & Ocean Front, Spray Beach, Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Beach Haven
rudyspal1
“Love this place”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2009

The rooms and property are spotless! It was great checking into our room and you can see right away how well it's taken care of. The staff is super friendly and very helpful. Love the outside patio area with outside dining. The location is close to everything without being too close to busy Beach Haven. Great place to ride bikes, take walks and go for a run along Atlantic Avenue with views along the way. Will definitely be back.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
tuxedo park ny
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2009

I have to say these past couple of years,Spray Beach Inn has done a spectacular job!! First of all,The Staff is awesome!Everyone very nice! Pool; warm .clean. beautiful!! Beach ..spectacular Rooms with great views too!! I only can say great things about this place!!!This year was my 4th

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Grand Cayman
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2008

My wife and I just returned from a 4 day 3 night stay. When I booked the room the person who took the reservation (oceanfront room) asked what floor do we want 2nd or 3rd, and I said 3rd. When we arrived we were given a 2nd floor room, not a big deal we took it. The rooms are way outdated for paying $267 a night. The Spray Beach is all about location, right on the beach. The food service is HORRIBLE! We witnessed several persons just leaving because no one took an order, others like ourselves were amazed that not one manager inquired as to why so many people were sitting waiting for menus, orders to be taken and even food.. We waited 1 hour and 10 minutes for an order of Short stack pancakes and toast. The drinks at the beach hut bar are way overpriced. Happy hour and we payed $8 for pina coladas. I ordered 2 and gave the bartender a $50 and she gave me back $32?????(16-50=34)
Overall my take on the Spray beach is great location, overpriced for the rooms and the food service needs alot of work.

• Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 3 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2008

Just came back from a couple of days at the Spray Beach Inn. First off, Long Beach Island is all about small motels, B & B's etc. So you can only compare it to other aging motels. In that regard it's a little better.
Negatives: The rooms are small and crowded! Just a day into your stay, you'll find yourself claustrophobic with your own belongings. The bath sink is outside of the bathroom, I found this to be a little strange. The restaurant blows: see my review of it under Spray Beach Inn restaurant. The restaurant is always empty, extremely overpriced, and the food is awful (my old sneaker in a bun makes a better hamburger than what they serve there for 9 dollars!) No wonder it's always empty, and don't get me started on the dated/cheap restaurant decor. They should lower their prices and then make a profit on quantity of patrons instead of overcharging the few patrons that actually dare eat there. (and renovate the entire restaurant)
Pros: Proximity to everything. The beach sand is the consistency of sugar, no seaweed noted (beach water is more for surfing than swimming), lots of families with toddlers, no rowdy/troublemaking crowds, heated pool (up to 8 feet deep!), seems they've recently renovated many parts of the hotel including the bathrooms, you get the vibe they are trying to run a decent establishment, clean hotel, no insects noted.

Noteworthy family with toddlers: Amusement park was great (lots of rides for toddlers, Schooners Wharf was also nice (hint: go to the back past the parking lot- nice little lit park with lots to do at night, highly recommend bringing them to a play at the Surflight Theater (we saw Sleeping Beauty kids 1.5 and 3.5 and I don't think they ever blinked an eye during the show), Showtime icecream parlor with singing quartet was entertaining for a one time visit (note the portions are HUGE-one cup can serve a family of 8), AVOID TIKI TACO the food is not Mexican- it's gag inducing vile overpriced chum. In all, would I return to Long Beach Island... maybe but i'd probably rent a house for a weekend and cook. Not sure I would ever do more than a weekend getaway... there simply isn't enough to do here. Hope this helps.

• Liked — proximity, cleanliness
  • Disliked — Crowded room, bad and expensive restaurant
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
new york city
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2007

This is the third time I stayed at the Inn. Each time it was because I couldn’t get into someplace else. It’s an OK motel in a great location. What’s with the bar stools in the parking lot? Pretty cheesy. The pool is for young kids and there is no adult “scene” there – unlike the Engleside or the Sea Shell. However on the Friday night before Labor Day a bunch of rooms on the third floor were having a party which kept us up until the wee hours with unwanted noise. Overall OK but for 300 a night I wish it was better – next time at Engleside!

hartford CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2007

On short notice, I scoured TripAdvisor and all the hotel websites looking for a place to stay one night at the Jersey Shore (coming from Philly). I finally settled on Spray Beach Inn based on reviews, prices & availability and was pleased that everything worked out so well. Sure, the prices aren't cheap for what you get (I paid $183 for one night), but based on all of the reseach I did, the Spray Beach Inn was fairly priced in the market. I did manage to avoid the 2 nite minimum stay by booking on-line thru LBI site ~ that saved me $50 probably. They let us check in early on Sat cuz there was a room available and we had lunch on the patio ~ pricey but tasty. The pool closes VERY early (7pm!) but I guess that is so people don't get loud. I found the room to be clean and modern, if not overly spacious. I would surely go back there again.

• Liked — kept up very nicely; lovely pool and outdoor patio restaurant
  • Disliked — rooms are snug
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2006

Spray Beach Inn is located in Spray Beach on LBI. As with most hotels here on LBI, they are old and need to be replaced with new facilities. The price one pays to spend a night or two is not justified in places this old. The room is clean but there should not be rust around the bathroom and yellowed ceiling tiles. We LOVE Long Beach Island but the pricing needs to come back down to reality.
The hotel does sit ocean front and has gorgeous views from level 2 and 3 on ocean side. I'd stay here again, but in the off season only when the prices are lower. They have a friendly staff, everyone was very nice.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — needs remodeling/ new facility
  • Stayed October 2006, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk

Been to Spray Beach Inn? Share your experiences!