We had stayed here in sept 2012 offseason for a few days. Overall we liked the place so we booked again for July 2014. The room was small and outdated, but clean. I wish it was a little more colorful, but since we do not stay in the room that long they are okay. We had a 1st floor jacuzzi room. The main problem was that the mattress was way too hard and very uncomfortable. I almost considered sleeping in the car. I asked the front desk if they had any foam toppers but they had none. They said they have stiffer mattresses since so many people have back problems. The woman was friendly and wished she could be more helpful. The air conditioning only cools the one side of the room. The bathroom side stayed warm. We did need to call maintenance to change a lightbulb and they there within 5 minutes even though it was around 8:30 at night. The pool area seemed nice, but we did not use it at all. There were always too many people there and the chlorine smell was too strong for us. For the good part, the proximity to the beach was great! You could hear the ocean waves from the room. We especially liked the onsite restaurant that served all 3 meal times. Not many resorts on the island serve breakfast. The food was good and reasonably priced for a resort town. You can see the ocean from the outdoor patio. Most of the staff was very friendly, but one of the female bartenders was somewhat rude and not very friendly. As I stated earlier, overall it was a nice place. However, we plan to try another place for our next trip. We prefer a more updated and larger room and one with a closer walking distance to the main things to do in beach haven.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- You can't get much closer to the ocean than this! All of our guestrooms have standard amenities including mini-fridge, microwave, hair dryer, coffee maker, iron and board, in-room safe, air conditioning and ceiling fan, free internet, and beach badges provided to all guests with a refundable deposit.Enjoy the breathtaking view from your ocean-front room, or laze around the new pool and Jacuzzi under the rustle of palm leaves. Enjoy your favorite tropical frozen drink at our Beach Hut Bar just steps to the ocean.Our full service restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and offers indoor or outdoor seating. Enjoy Happy Hour at our inside Lounge or make new friends at the outside bar just steps to the ocean! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz so you can book your Spray Beach Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Spray Beach Hotel Beach Haven
- Spray Beach Inn Long Beach Island, NJ - Beach Haven