“Definately Coming Back!” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Spray Beach Inn

You added Spray Beach Inn to your Saves list
Spray Beach Inn
24th St & Ocean Front, Spray Beach, Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Beach Haven
Syracuse, New York
“Definately Coming Back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I grew up in North Jersey and my family, as well as many of my childhood friends, are scattered throughout the state. Typically when we visit, we stay with family "inland" and always plan a visit to the shore as I go thru "ocean withdrawals" if I don't see it/smell it/hear it every few months. This past visit (mid-May) we decided to stay at the Spray Beach Inn instead. It was amazing! Absolutely perfect! We stayed in a 3rd floor oceanfront room and the views were breathtaking! As it was "off season".. there was no traffic at all and we were able to get to the mainland in under 10 minutes -so visiting family/friends was no problem at all. The rates were reasonable and the view definitely satisfied my withdrawals! You are so close to the water that even with windows closed you could still hear the sound of the ocean! My only complaint is that during off season, the restaurant is not open. Because the hotel is not located within walking distance to any eating establishments - it made grabbing a quick breakfast or a burger for dinner an "excursion". It would have been nice to have the choice of eating at the hotel instead of getting the car and driving somewhere every time you wanted to grab a bite - which is the reason for the overall rating of 4 vs. 5. I would also like to mention that this hotel was not my first choice. I originally wanted to stay at an oceanfront hotel in Ship Bottom that had private balconies, however, when I spoke with the girl in reservations and asked about any package or discounts for staying 5+ nights off season - she told me the owner would need to get back to me - and that person never did! Meanwhile "Erica" in reservations at the Spray Beach Inn was very happy to not only answer all my questions - but assure me that although they don't have private balconies, etc... that I would not be disappointed. I reserved with Spray Beach due to the outstanding customer service I received from Erica. During our 5 day stay in May, my husband and I visited the "other hotel" and asked if we could get a tour of the room. While the room was much more spacious and more modern - the view was not nearly as breathtaking! The hotel is set further back from the water with grassy dunes separating you from the ocean - so we definitely made the better choice! We are planning a 4 night stay for end of September and plan to make this our permanent "home away from home" when visiting family in the future.

Room Tip: You don't get a view of the ocean from the 1st floor - only the sand dune! 2nd floor has "...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Spray_Beach_Inn, Manager at Spray Beach Inn, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our motel on Trip Advisor. It is so wonderful to read such positive comments about our motel. I can see you love it as much as we do! Thank you for specifically mentioning Erica in your review - she is truly a treasure and we are so lucky to have her as a part of our team. See you in September!

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Highland, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I recently used this property for 3 nights. There were a total of 6 ladies (all family) in two rooms. While the rooms are a little dated and the double beds could be a tight fit for people who are sharing but not romantically involved, the rooms were super clean.
It did seem like it took a while for housekeeping to get to the room (rooms still not done in early afternoon) but the rooms were cleaned very well.
We stayed in the motel area on Atlantic not the main property. It was maybe a block walk to a very clean beach and nice water. The whole property was clean. You could hear the waves at night from your room.
The pool area was also great. Only complaint was that the actual pool isn't deep enough to swim in. But the pool and especially the hot tub were enjoyable. Plenty of chairs and lounges to work on your tan. They even deliver food and drink to you pool side.
The outdoor restaurant was also a hit. Views of the ocean and the food was pretty good. Nothing to rave about but good.
We will definitely be back!

Scotia, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

The staff from the very beginning was helpful and accommodating We stayed on the 3rd floor oceanfront. The rooms, although a little dated, were always clean and if we needed extra coffee or whatever for the room, it was there. The staff was the best. We had a great time at the Beach Bar, the bartender was excellent. We had an amazing dinner on one of the nights we were there and they make fantastic omelets for breakfast. The manager and staff did everything they could to make your stay one of the best ever!!

Room Tip: Always communicate your needs when your are booking your room. If you have special needs, then I am...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our motel on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to hear that you were pleased with your stay! Please visit us again soon!
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

Wow! Went with my three daughters to the restaurant at the Spray Beach Inn and was blown away by how knowledgable and accommodating the chef and server were! My kids have Celiac disease, and I have an allergy to dairy. Food was excellent and portions were generous!

• Stayed June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review our restaurant on Trip Advisor. I am so pleased to read your comments regarding our Chef's knowledge of various food allergies. Please visit us again soon!
Wayne, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2014

We spent our anniversary weekend at the Spray Beach Inn in June 2014. We had a great time! Room was roomy and clean. Staff was efficient and pleasant. Our 2nd story corner room had a great view of the pool AND the ocean. Breakfast at their restaurant was delicious. Proximity to the beach can't be beat. Would definitely recommend and go back again!

Room Tip: We made our reservations using their on line system and their was some confusion. Had to call a coup...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our motel on Trip Advisor. I am glad to read that you were pleased with your stay. Please visit again soon!
tafton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2014

Great for disabled with an elevator. The restaurant has great food. Great bartender John at the Tiki Bar. Yes the rooms are small and dated, but very clean. Beds are comfortable besides we don't spend much time in them--And the view is the best. Everyone is very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: 3rd floor best views
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel on Trip Advisor. I am so happy to read your comments regarding how pleased you were with your visit. Please visit again soon!
Mount Ephraim, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

Never staying there again! Was located at the rooms across the street. Stayed there for 1 night and couldn't wait to leave. Room had a awful smell as well as the pillows. Kids partying and kept me up all night, and ended with a migraine. Would not recommend this place to anyone.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our motel on Trip Advisor. I am so sorry that you were displeased with your visit. We would have been happy to move your room, had you given us the opportunity. I hope that you will consider visiting us again in the future.

Been to Spray Beach Inn? Share your experiences!