“Great location!” 4 of 5 stars

Save Saved
You added Mariner Inn to your Saves list
Mariner Inn
Mariner Inn
33rd Street & Long Beach Boulevard, Beach Haven Gardens, Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #4 of 11 Beach Haven B&B and Inns
Clinton, New Jersey
“Great location!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Enjoyed the weekend...great location near everything..tropical style pool area..clean rooms, nice deck overlooking pool and very friendly housekeeping staff! Everything you may need is with in a couple of blocks.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

38 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2013

My children and I stayed at this hotel at the end of July. I look at the reviews and feel that either the people got a MUCH better rate to stay in the hotel or perhaps I had the only tired and dirty room in the hotel. First I must say that the front desk staff were pleasant and helpful. However, I was disappointed that our room was dirty - I will swear up and down that my daughter got a plantar wart from the bathroom. The rug was filthy - my children's feet were black 10 minutes *after* taking a shower. The fridge had mould on it in places. The carpet had been vaccuumed down the middle of the floor - any place under furniture or by the walls - had YEARS of dirt building up! There was a full cup of cigarette butts on our balcony. And um... I am a woman travelling alone with two kids and you put me in a room that has a shared balcony with the room next door! The people next to us could just walk in and have murdered us in our sleep - what hotel allows a shared balcony in this day and age?
Finally, the overwhelming smell of cigarette smoke spoiled my every moment in this hotel. The decor is shabby bleak at best - now I know where all of Florida's retirement home furniture went - its in this hotel!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 15, 2013

Just spent a wonderful weekend at the Mariner Inn on LBI. So great to see that the island bounced back from Sandy. Beach Haven is the ideal location to stay and the Mariner Inn was comfortable and accomodating. Its a step up from some of the other hotels on the island in that the rooms have better than average amenities. I will definitely go back...

Room Tip: Stayed on the 3rd floor on boulevard side, but surprisingly with the AC running noise was not an iss...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Wayne, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2013

We were given a night's stay get away at the Mariner Inn from our children as a gift. Had a wonderful weekend! Mariner is clean in and out. Rooms very comfortable and pool warm and immaculate. Staff very friendly, efficient and accommodating. Short walk to the beach and near to many restaurant and shops. Would definitely return!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
North, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2013

This is a reasonably priced place, about 3 blocks from the beach, but close enough that you don't have to cross the main road. Rates include beach tags and the rooms are clean with two queen beds, microwave, fridge, coffee maker, small in room safe and free wi-fi.
Nice pool.
I'd stay away from a room on the pool side (particularly on the 1st floor since your patio is used by all the folks at the pool). The 1st floor pool rooms would be good for a family with kids, since you can just walk out from your room to the pool. Our room on the road side was quiet enough. You share a balcony with the next door room.
Staff very friendly and even offered for us to keep the beach badges for the day after we checked out.
Would come back here in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Would stay away from 1st floor room on pool side - would be good if you have kids, but you'll sh...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Mount Laurel, New Jersey, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

This place is wonderful. It was clean, close to the beach, includes your beach tags,and there is a pool! I am coming back again next week with my 8 year old nephew. It is very reasonably priced and the front desk personnel could not have been nicer or more accommodating. This is my new three day get a way place! I am so happy I stumbled onto this little beach gem!

Room Tip: The only rooms I would not want are the ones on the first floor facing the pool. There are tables ri...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I recently stayed here overnight, and was pleased with the ease of check-in, the room, etc. Our room was facing the street, but very little noise. Room was clean, beds comfy, and plenty of towels provided. Room also had a microwave and fridge, and free wi-fi. Location was good too and plenty of parking. And there are several restaurants within walking distance, as well as a WaWa a block down. The pool looks nice although we didn't use it.

I would definitely stay here again. It's nothing fancy, but meets my requirements for clean and neat. Staff was friendly too.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Mariner Inn? Share your experiences!