“Can't wait to go back!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club
Save Saved
You added Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club to your Saves list
10 S. Atlantic Ave., Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Beach Haven
“Can't wait to go back!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I went to the sea shell tiki bar after spending a few hours at the beach and I love it there! The drinks are a bit pricey but are delicious and thankfully, they are not cheap with the alcohol. I also had the fried calamari which is so good. Next visit at LBI I will be staying at the sea shell! Looks like a ton of fun so I can't wait!

• Stayed July 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
piscataway, NJ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2014

My friend and I went to the Saturday afternoon pool party and we found it perfect. Nice views with Palm trees and all and we both had great fish tacos. We'd go back in a heartbeat! There were diverse types of people from age differences to couples to families to singles and we felt comfortable there.

Stayed July 2014
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

Was having a good time, got a couple drinks it was my 21st birthday celebration. The first bartender Bill was amazing! Then they switched out about an hour later...( bartender was also late for shift) and we got a new bartender named "Willie". We were in a great mood, enjoying the drinks and the food was pretty good too. But Willie acted like he was annoyed with us. One time he told me to say please to my order and just walked away. We also heard him say he was getting sick of us to another worker. Think it's time for Sea Shell to free Willie and reevaluate customer service. Finished night out at Nardi's and had a blast.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Pompton Lakes, New Jersey
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2014

I was there just yesterday bar was packed waitress was RUDE!! if fact I am a writer for New York Magazine Restaurant Section… My food was uncooked and there was a BUG in my Salad!!

That said Waitress could care less, she did not even get a manger!!! I would have at best expected to be accommodated or Something!!!

NEVER EAT HERE Cindy

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
TJH1957, Owner at Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club, responded to this review, July 8, 2014
We just received your review this morning. I apologize if your experience was less that perfect. We pride ourselves of great food and excellent service. I cannot directly respond to your concerns because none of our staff has any recollection of you complaint. If we had, it would have been rectified immediately. Yes we were very busy for the 4th of July weekend. That is of course no excuse for poor service. Regarding our food, we operate at a very high level for food service. Every dish that leaves our kitchen is inspected for excellence by two different kitchen support staff. Therefore is in unimaginable that something was uncooked, that is just not going to happen. Being that we are oceanfront and outside, perhaps a bug could have flown into your dish while being transported to you. Again, we are sorry and sure that if you return you will have an excellent experience. My name is Tom Hughes, the owner of the Sea Shell and that is my promise to you and all our customers. Ask for me when you return and I will personally make sure you are happy.
Hamilton, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2014

The location is great. The pool is nice to go to for the day as a change of pace from the beach. But this place is not in any way, shape or form a family friendly place. It is a motel with a tiki bar attached. I stayed here almost 15 years ago with girlfriends when I was single and it has great nightlife. Would never stay here with my kids. One would hope that they do not bill themselves as a family resort because if that's what they are doing it is no wonder why so many families leave unhappy!

Stayed July 2013
TJH1957, Owner at Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Thank you fr your recent review. However we are a bit confused, the reviewer states that she stayed here in July 2013. It is now June 2014. Why would anyone wait so log to submit a review, it seems a bit odd. We are in fact very family friendly. The majority of our summer visitors are families. We get glowing reviews everyday from our families and guests. In reading this review, there is little for us to address as the reviewer has not offered any clear reasons for her "average" review, except for the fact that we have a Tiki bar. Yes we do, we also have a great salt water pool, beautiful private beach, two great restaurants, a martini lounge and wine bar and new for 2014, a sushi bar, also a completely renovated hotel, in fact everything is new since Hurricane Sandy.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

My husband and I spent the night at the Sea Shell Resort for a friend of ours wedding this past Saturday. Check in is 3pm, but I had called the night before and they told me they would try to get me in early, if at all possible, however, we were more than welcome to use the facilities!!

Rooms were very nice, view was great. We decided after being told by the hotel and the bride that we would stay in a regular room (not oceanfront) to avoid the noise coming from the restaurant that turns into a club until 3am.... They were nice and clean, roomy. There was only two of us, but had a room with 2 queen beds that would've comfortably slept four people.

The staff upon arrival were very friendly. Bonnie the woman at the front desk (which is also the person that I spoke to the night before about early check in) greeted us and explained that the room wasn't ready, however, to come back in an hour. With such a beautiful beach day, we stayed on the beach for 2 hours and then went up and our room was ready.

The wedding arrangements were awesome! The Bride and Groom was very satisfied as well as all the guests that I spoke to about the location of the wedding, the cocktail hour and the buffet dinner were all excellent. I will tell you, I have been to three destination weddings and the only thing I didn't like is that the ppl from the resort were literally steps away from the ceremony... So if you are getting married and looking for a little privacy this might not be for you...
Now, don't get me wrong, I understand ppl like to watch and see what is going on, but usually there is more of a boundary, so to speak.

We ate lunch while waiting to get in our room and had a panini sandwich which was outstanding.... The Tiki Bar has a variety of things, but was a little caught off guard when I paid $7.50 for a frozen drink that literally took me about four sips to finish. It was in a 7oz cup, it seemed like....I don't mind the $7.50, just give me a little bit of a bigger glass...

All in all though, everything was very nice.....

If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask away!!!

Room Tip: Like I said, if you want quiet, do not get a room oceanfront or close to the restaurant, my friends...