My husband and I spent the night at the Sea Shell Resort for a friend of ours wedding this past Saturday. Check in is 3pm, but I had called the night before and they told me they would try to get me in early, if at all possible, however, we were more than welcome to use the facilities!!
Rooms were very nice, view was great. We decided after being told by the hotel and the bride that we would stay in a regular room (not oceanfront) to avoid the noise coming from the restaurant that turns into a club until 3am.... They were nice and clean, roomy. There was only two of us, but had a room with 2 queen beds that would've comfortably slept four people.
The staff upon arrival were very friendly. Bonnie the woman at the front desk (which is also the person that I spoke to the night before about early check in) greeted us and explained that the room wasn't ready, however, to come back in an hour. With such a beautiful beach day, we stayed on the beach for 2 hours and then went up and our room was ready.
The wedding arrangements were awesome! The Bride and Groom was very satisfied as well as all the guests that I spoke to about the location of the wedding, the cocktail hour and the buffet dinner were all excellent. I will tell you, I have been to three destination weddings and the only thing I didn't like is that the ppl from the resort were literally steps away from the ceremony... So if you are getting married and looking for a little privacy this might not be for you...
Now, don't get me wrong, I understand ppl like to watch and see what is going on, but usually there is more of a boundary, so to speak.
We ate lunch while waiting to get in our room and had a panini sandwich which was outstanding.... The Tiki Bar has a variety of things, but was a little caught off guard when I paid $7.50 for a frozen drink that literally took me about four sips to finish. It was in a 7oz cup, it seemed like....I don't mind the $7.50, just give me a little bit of a bigger glass...
All in all though, everything was very nice.....
If anyone has any questions, please feel free to ask away!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Completely rebuilt and remodeled after Hurricane Sandy, the Sea Shell Resort is nestled on two beautiful ocean front acres in the heart of Beach Haven just steps away from the beach and within walking distance to all of the town's attractions. The Sea Shell is a full service resort serving lunch and dinner daily (in season). We feature a full-size heated salt water pool and a private beach for sunbathing. We offer daily entertainment by the Tiki bars every afternoon and evening. Dance the night away in our night club every Thursday and Saturday. Whether you are booking a deluxe oceanfront room or a full one-bedroom suite, the Sea Shell gives you all the amenities that will make your stay special! We have 53 units in various configurations to fit your need. The Sea Shell Resort's room accommodations are the finest and most comfortable on Long Beach Island. Choose from First Floor Deluxe Rooms with two full-size beds, Second Floor Superior Rooms with your choice of one king-size or two queen-size beds, Second Floor One-Bedroom Suites with a king-size bed and a living area that contains a queen-size fold out sofa, plus a separate day bed, or our Luxurious Oceanfront Rooms with private decks where you can choose between one king-size or two queen-size beds. All rooms come complete with cable TV, telephones, air conditioning, ceiling fans, and refrigerators. Looking for the perfect location for your dream come true beach wedding? Look no further than The Sea Shell! Say "I do" on our private beach with the Atlantic Ocean as your backdrop, or on the public beach with the waves tickling your toes. We host destination wedding events each and every weekend during the Spring and Fall where get togethers become memorable events lasting an entire weekend, and the only thing we overlook is the Atlantic Ocean. ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Sea Shell Resort And Beach Club Hotel Beach Haven
- Sea Shell Hotel And Beach
- Sea Shell Motel And Beach
- Sea Shell Resort And Beach Club Long Beach Island, NJ - Beach Haven