“visited many hotels looking for summer rental” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club

We can't find prices for this hotel
Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club
You added Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club to your Saves list
10 S. Atlantic Ave., Beach Haven, Long Beach Island, NJ 08008   |
Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Beach Haven
Manchester Township, New Jersey
“visited many hotels looking for summer rental”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

Visited almost all the hotels in Beach Haven today. None compared to the Sea Shell. The remodeling is complete and I was very impressed on how beautiful everything is. The pool area was gorgeous, the restaurant is spectacular and the rooms we were shown were pristeen and beautiful. I can't say enough about the friendly staff as well. We interacted with 4 different employees and were welcomed like old friends. I am looking forward to booking my vacation here.

Room Tip: We liked the ocean front rooms on the second floor the best. The second floor suite was beautiful b...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Voorhees, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

You are probably thinking how can you possibly have a destination wedding when you are only 1 hour and 1/2 away by car from your home. I was recently a guest at the hotel from Friday to Sunday and felt like I was transported to an island resort. Everything we needed was right there for the 3 days. It was off season so we had the place to ourselves. The motel was recently totally renovated because of Super Storm Sandy. The food was excellent, service great, setting just beautiful!

Room Tip: This is no frills motel but clean and comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
Schenectady, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

My husband have stayed there at least 7 times for the 3 nights after Labor Day.. Everyone is nice, the rooms clean, the location to the beach fantastic. That being said, I saw pictures of the damage hurricane Sandy did to the hotel as well as the island. My husband and I were sick
about it, devouring every piece of news we could find. Our thoughts and prayers go out to all
those affected. Stay strong.

Denise and Doug Glass

Room Tip: Second floor facing Engleside has a nice ocean view at a great price.
AZ
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2012

I know this is a late review but I went in the summer of 2012 around June. We did not want a beach room because of the potential noise. I went with my wife and son 12 & daughter 13. We had a blast the rooms were fine and what you would expect from a beach hotel. The location was second to none. We loved the walking to the ocean and then swimming in the pool. We never needed the car for anything. So to all those with negative reviews please this is a fantastic and fun place to stay and can't wait to go back. I just hope the storm didn't cause to much damage. I saw a picture of the Chicken & Egg and it was half way under water.

Room Tip: We stayed away from the Tiki Bar for noise reasons. We never heard a thing
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Clinton, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

I stayed at the Sea Shell a few days after Labor Day and had a terrific time. After the season ends the prices drop dramatically and the weather is still beautiful! The rooms are clean, spacious and has a fridge. It is right off the beach and has the added benefit of a pool and a Tiki Bar so no need to walk or drive anywhere! Definitely would stay here again!

Room Tip: Since this was a last minute trip I had 3 different rooms. In my opinion the ocean view rooms are wo...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Union City, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2012

Spent a couple of nights at the Sea Shell Resort in Beach Haven and was pleasantly surprised given the mixed reviews I'd read about it. I wasn't sure what to expect but we loved it. We went Labor Day and spent two nights there and one additional day in Beach Haven.

We had a room overlooking the pool area. The room was very clean, fresh smelling and had a good size refrigerator. There were two double beds that were comfortable and a big flat screen TV on the wall. We also had a balcony with two chairs and a table overlooking the pool area and beach. The balcony was a great place to chill out, listen to the music and people watch.

We arrived on Labor Day when they were having a Reggae party. There was a good band that played for a few hours. We sat at the Tiki bar and enjoyed some drinks and chatted with some fellow guests. We spent the next couple of days enjoying the beach which is literally right on the resort and also the pool.

We went into Beach Haven and looked at some of the gift shops which had your typical beach town souvenirs, t-shirts, knicknacks..etc. But, if you drive to other areas of the island, you can find nice souvenirs for way cheaper prices and that's what we did. Also, there are a lot of traffic police so be aware. We saw someone from our hotel being pulled over one day. We just wanted to relax on this trip but saw plenty of other activities available like bike rentals, mini golf and fishing charters.

There are lots of food options in Beach Haven. We ate lunch and snacks at the hotel's Tiki bar. The Tiki bar food was very good and reasonably priced. We relied on Centre St bagels for breakfasts. Good bagels and coffee only a short walk from the hotel.

We also tried Buckalews Tavern which is not far from the hotel. They have a good variety on their menu but it's pricey. We had the pork chop dinner and the steak dinner which were both ok. Our favorite place was Beach Haven Fishery where we ordered take out from and ate on our balcony. Must also mention the clam chowder we had at Country Kettle Chowda. It was the best clam chowder we've ever had!

The nights we were there the resort was pretty quiet once it got late into the evening. I understand from talking to the guests and hotel staff that it gets much more crowded and wild during the summer peak season. We didn't see any of that.

Overall, we enjoyed the resort and would definitely go back.

Room Tip: Go for the ocean view!
Baltimore, Maryland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2012

The facilities are marginal at best but the room was clean. My wife and I are used to Marriott type acomodations. I did not think we would get this there and I was correct. However, for a beach motel, it worked just fine for us. We went up for a wedding. There were so many other weddings going on we did not have use of the facilities like the bar. But we did not care. We came for a short weekend to enjoy a friends wedding. It was overall what I expected but nothing more than that. Bottom line is if you want a place to lay your head in LBI this will do the trick! If you are looking to be catered to and feel important then this is not the place for you.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Sea Shell Resort and Beach Club? Share your experiences!