“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Hudson Plaza Motel

Hudson Plaza Motel
You added Hudson Plaza Motel to your Saves list
Hudson Plaza Motel
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   190 West 63rd Street & Route 440 North, Bayonne, NJ 07002   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Bayonne
Chesham, United Kingdom
“DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2014

As I arrived after a long haul flight, I walked into a very intimidating situation. The first thing I heard was another man asking for a room for 20 minutes !!! Alarm bells went off as I was a woman travelling alone, and felt very unsafe. The room was disgusting and the photos are a lie that u see on the advert. It was overpriced and dangerous in atmosphere . In fact I have never felt more intimidated and frightened in my life! I asked for a cab at reception immediately and he said he couldn't get me one. I then asked for one for the morning as I had a wedding to go to and he said he couldn't get me one in the morning either. My battery on iPhone was low so I asked to borrow a charger and the landlord told me to leave my ohone with him at front desk. I said no and locked myself in the room and I started to hyperventilate. Luckily I was able to contact, with 4%battery power who was able to find me a cab company Archie's 201 960 8687 (520B Broadway Bayonne, NJ 07002 and a very nice cab driver turned up called Phil to rescue me!, I seriously recommend Archie's if u are travelling alone to NY as a woman because I felt safe with them. I ended up sleeping on a sofa for the night at my friends place. I was so relieved to finally get some rest! The Hudson Plaza Motel however is a seedy, horrible place, and a total rip off with the worst customer service do not go there!

• Stayed May 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Convenient location. Located 5-10 minutes walk to bus stop going to Journal Square where you can take the PATH train going to New York. The highway path going to the hotel may be dark at night but you can walk inside the Country Village where there is a small passageway that will get you just across the front of the hotel. Better yet, just get a cab from Journal Square which will cost only about $20. Sometimes $17.

Stayed here with a friend for some business/pleasure purposes in nearby NYC. Thought we'd stay for only 1 or 2 days but ended up staying for a week, then another week the week after. Budget friendly hotel. Nothing fancy and may be old, but roomy and clean enough. You can rent a microwave oven and a refrigerator for a small fee. No restaurant but plenty of Chinese Food (or some Italian/American Food) delivery nearby. There are also vending machines in the hotel and you can get a bucket of ice for a quarter 24/7. McDonalds and Family Dollar store are just 2-3 blocks away. The coin laundry/dryer provides additional convenience. Wifi never a problem. Best of all, you have Tony at the front desk to help you in many ways!

The curtains may need a little fixing. A newer comforter may help, too. But, overall it was a pleasant stay!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Avenue, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2013

I have stayed at Hudson Plaza Motel Numerous times. I travel to the area for work and I have always had a pleasant stay. The location isn’t the only upside. The staff is always friendly and very accommodating. Housekeeping always has my room ready for me the way I like it when I arrive and throughout my stay. The front desk is helpful with getting me checked in promptly; knowing when I arrive I’m just ready to relax. Management is always helpful and professional. They even taken time to see how my day was. Rather you need a place to stay for a quick weekend in New York City ,or have Business in the surrounding area Hudson Plaza Motel is a great place to stay.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Newton, Massachusetts
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Room was shabby and dirty. Really nasty. If I knew my way around at all I would have just left and gone someplace else. It was also really expensive and felt very sketchy. I'm no prude or priss but I didn't feel safe walking to my room from the car. Only time in my life that I have ever wished I was a crackhead because I feel certain I could have scored some there. Night time check in is done through a THICK pane of safety glass.I didn't sleep because the place was so gross. I basically sat in a chair and waited for it to be time to return my rental car and get to the Newark airport.

Room Tip: keep driving, this place is nasty
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
New Milford, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2013

Made reservatons, room was very clean and ready when I got there, Staff was very friendly and attentive to my family.
Close to NY, easy commute both ways. Close to all highways and byways
easy to find
saved lots of money.
Highly recommended for visiting NJ and NJ

Room Tip: Any room is good. Very quiet at night. All sorts of stores nearby, My favorite, house of pancakes!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2013 via mobile

Whoever the gentleman is at the front desk is AWFUL!!!!! He has a bigger attitude than anyone I've ever had to speak with in my life. Total a-hole. Anyway, the rooms are gross and stuffy. Would never recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed January 2013
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2011

We picked this place specifically for its proximity to the New Jersey ferry to see the Statue of Liberty. The price was cheap, and it was comfortable enough for one night. It's true that the rooms aren't the most fashionable and maybe not in the best repair, but I wasn't expecting luxury for the price we paid. The room was clean and everything was fine.

The location that comes up when you plot the location on a map isn't right, we needed to call the hotel and ask for directions. It's a little north on the map of where Google showed it to be.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to Hudson Plaza Motel? Share your experiences!