“Cant't beat Mueller's” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 Restaurants in Bay Head
Cuisines: Bakeries
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert
Description: A full line retail bakery. Located in the historic town of Bay Head , NJ. We specialize in hands on baking using superior ingredients. This is where old world charm meets the 21st century. We are "Where Quality Makes The Difference"
Ramsey, New Jersey
“Cant't beat Mueller's”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2014

What can i say. A classic Bay Head bakery for as long as i can remember. can be extremely busy on the weekends, lines out the door regularly. If you do not want to wait i recommend going in the afternoon to pick up your sweets for the next morning.

Visited July 2014

Harrisonburg, Virginia, United States
“crumb buns!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

I grew up eating crumb buns from Mueller's and every time I go back home I get crumb buns with icing. They have so many gorgeous treats that are as tasty as they are beautiful. Muppet cupcakes, flowers, tarts, cakes, pies. You can't go wrong and it's a block from the beach.

• Visited June 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Crumb Cake, Crumb Cake, Crumb Cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 22, 2014

Not only is is relatively small operation, but unless you come from or have visited the area, you may very well have never heard of the place !!! Along with the "typical" bakery items - the crumb cake ( or should I say a little cake with a huge serving of crumbs ) - is absolutely among the best I've ever had. You know how you tend to judge a new restaurant by ordering a particular entree and then comparing it to that which is served elsewhere ? - well this is how I judge bakeries... And this place sets the standard by which all other crumb cakes are judged !!!!! Whether you get doughnuts, cookies, brownies, cinnamon bread, everything is delicious - by the way, did I mention the crumb cake ? We live in North Jersey, and when we go to the shore, it's always the 1st place we stop, and the last place we go on the morning we leave... Just to bring some back north to share. Oh yes, if you're on a diet, if you place the crum cake on the counter, and cut a piece at the 2-3 o'clock position - it's calorie and fat-free ! Who wooda thunk it ? I jest - but seriously - any cake left on the counter for more than 20 - 30 minutes, your dietary considerations would be moot ... there would'nt be any left. At the end of the day, it's worth seeking out .... Ask directions, GSP - it, but once you've tried it, you'll be back - again and again.

ny
“Delicious Birthday cake”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2014

I picked up my daughters cake the weekend of May 30th. I had pre ordered it the day before. It was ready and exactly what I ordered. Yellow cake ,fresh strawberries and vanilla custard . It was very delicious. They also have the most delicious crumb cake I've ever had!!

Visited May 2014
“The best bakery, ever! It should be on your BUCKET list!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

Three words...ICED CRUMB BUNS! The most delicious baked item that you have ever craved is their #1 item and it is something that you must wake up early and get there on a weekend morning. We have been going to Mueller's for probably as long as it has been open. My grandparents built a house in Brick, NJ a straight shot down one long road and there it is just a few blocks from the ocean on Bridge Avenue in Bay Head NJ. Its home to me even though I do not live there. Everything is great here. They make prune danish. YUM! And their beautiful cakes.
The friendly staff, the atmosphere...I cried when I heard that Sandy closed them for awhile but a few weeks ago I was there after Easter and it is stronger than ever. A must go to, it should be on everyone's bucket list. My favorite thing that my brother and I do is get a togo coffee each (coffee's awesome too) and something sweet with something savory and head for a bench on the boardwalk and sit and watch the waves, smell the sea and eat heavenly Mueller's pastry!

• Visited April 2014