“Great food & atmosphere!” 5 of 5 stars

+(1) 732-892-1555
Website
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Theresa's South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 4 Restaurants in Bay Head
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Mount Street
Transit: NJ Transit (Bay Head Station)
Description: Welcome to Theresa's South where you will find authentic Italian cuisine with recipes that have been passed down through the generations. This is a family owned and operated business so they take great pride in everything that comes out of their kitchen. The food is excellent and the service is superb! They use only the finest and freshest of meats, seafood, produce, and ingredients. Everything is homemade, from their sauces and pastas to their salad dressings. The bread is baked locally and delivered fresh daily. The portions are very healthy to satisfy any appetite and the menu widely varied so there is something for all tastes. For dessert they feature fresh homemade banana bread pudding, or maybe a slice of homemade flourless chocolate cake! This is the place to enjoy a great meal, hang out with family and friends, and have some good conversation. They are available for private parties and can accommodate up to 100 people. This is a must try and will be your new favorite Italian restaurant. This is a BYOB establishment. ** There is additional parking available at the municipal parking lot off of Bridge Ave.
Fair Lawn, New Jersey
“Great food & atmosphere!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2011

Teresa's South is one of my favorite places to go when I'm in Bay Head. I usually stay at the Bentley Inn, which is right down the block from this restaurant. Their food is delicious every single time I come here.

To me, it's one of the nicer places in the Bay Head/ Point Pleasant area that doesn't fail to impress. You always hear about pricey, classy places to go and eat- however, they usually fail to impress when it comes to food quality. A lot of places down the shore can charge a lot for seafood and dishes just because they're by the water and it's a vacation spot. And although this place is a bit pricey (not terribly) it never ever fails on good food or service. They make simple dishes, and perfect them. One of my favorite things to get is the Penne with vodka sauce. It sounds simple, but they add their own touch by putting in prosciutto and peas. I also love to get their fried calamari dish. They make it with a delicious dipping sauce that I haven't had anywhere else. I've also gotten a chicken dish another time coming here, and have tried a balsamic glazed pork dish that my mother got while I was with her. Everything is always delicious, and the presentation is always beautiful.

Keep in mind that it is a B.Y.O.B. -- However! They have a liquor store, literally, right next door.

The inside is beautiful, cozy, and classy- but to have a really nice night, I'd recommend eating outside in the front. Of course not a very cold night, but even if it's a little chilly and you wear the right clothing; hearing the ocean and just being outside in that quiet, beach-y, and quaint atmosphere that is Bay Head, it will really amp your experience.

To put into perspective how good I think this restaurant really is. I live 1 1/2 hours away from the shore-- however, if I'm in the mood, will make the trip with my family just to eat here.

• Visited June 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

vancouver bc
“delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2011

So good! Glenn, our Bentley Inn host recommended Teresa’s South – just down the street. He said he hadn’t heard a negative review. We were hungry and ready for a meal. On arrival, I was concerned that it was going to be one of those restaurants that looked high end but had little on the plate. We were surprised! We could not finish our very delicious entrees. Risotto with the day’s fresh ingredients, fettucini with braised short rib and gemelli with sweet fennel sausage. It was so good, we went back the next evening. This time we ordered two entrees so that we could have dessert. Braised short ribs of beef and rigatoni with chicken. Dessert was a huge serving of tiramisu!

Service on both nights was friendly and efficient. All in all - best find on this east coast trip!

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Truly a wonderful dining experience. A must try!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2011

My husband tried Teresa's while up from Washington DC visiting his family. I sought one night out to ourselves at a 'nice' restaurant with good food and good service. I'm a stickler for good service and the restaurants in DC do spoil you when it comes to really good food. Teresa's did not disappoint. The service was excellent. Our wait staff were attentive and was able to pace our meal as we requested. The dinner selections were excellent, good variety but not the boring standards. Yes, it's a bit spendy but worth every bite!

• Visited May 2011