“Horrible Counter People!!!” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #24 of 52 Restaurants in Basking Ridge
Basking Ridge, New Jersey, United States
“Horrible Counter People!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

It was a very bad situation this morning when I tried to order my bagels, and asked to put the everything and garlic bagels in one bag, and the plain bagels in another bag. The woman behind the counter began throwing the bagels against the wall, and yelling Spanish words at me that I can only assume were curses, because I didn't order all the bagels in one bag at once. She then left me, and went to butter a bagel for someone else. It was a ridiculous scene, and the people behind the counters are the rudest I have ever seen. I have seen them treat people in the WORST way because the manager could not care less. The bagels are good, but you will stand on line for 20 minutes because they are the only bagel store in town, and have to put up with nasty people. I ended up just walking out and leaving the bagels that she threw against the wall.

Stay away!!!

• Visited March 2014
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“Great bagels but attitude of staff stinks!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

These bagels are consistently outstanding! It's a good thing because the attitude of the staff is simply horrible and that includes the quasi-manager who can't even force a smile on his face. He has seen too many re-runs of Seinfeld's "Soup Nazi" episode and thinks that's the way he should treat customers. Every once in a while he effusively greets a customer but that is about one out of ten. I get that it's a busy place and turnover is critical to a successful business but life is short pal...you need to just lighten it up a bit.

• Visited March 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
New Jersey
“Good Bagels but Iffy Service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2013

I really do like the bagels at this store. I have been coming here since they opened, years ago. When I need a big order of bagels, I call ahead that morning and they do a good job of readying the order, even putting it in two bags so I can carry it easily. BUT, if I stop by to get a sandwich sometimes the service is good but sometimes it is not. I have been ignored while the staff chats amongst themselves as well as with other customers who are behind me in line. I am also concerned at times by the cleanliness of the store. The storage containers of lettuce etc. are left open while the floor is being mopped with strong smelling cleaners while the store is still open. I don't like the idea of this getting on my food and I do not want to smell this while I wait. The staff who prepare and ring up the orders wear gloves but I have seen them rub the glove on their face, on a sponge, etc. and then touch food and this is not appealing. Please improve on these things!

• Visited September 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Efficient consistently serve great bagels”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

All hands are on deck in this place. Fresh bagels and only wish is they had whole wheat mini bagels available.
Sandwiches are good and they always rock it. Coffee and desserts are just so-so but they excel in bagels and sandwiches.

• Visited July 2013