“Better than par” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Reservations
Morristown, New Jersey, USA
“Better than par”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

For a golf course restaurant this one scores high on my card. Their fish is fresh; thier wine prices are reasonable, and dining on the deck is a treat. It's fun watching the golfers approaching the 18th hole - and judging them! One really great appitizer is the guacamole with their homemade (warm) chips. The bar scene can get a bit noisy some nights. All and all it's a great place to enjoy a casual meal.

• Visited May 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Miami, Florida
“The Red Oak Friday night hangout”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

Very popular on Friday nights for their live band and dance floor. Beautiful vistas of the golf course but food is just mediocre.

Visited July 2013
“Incredible food , great service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

My husband and I have been to basking ridge several times and have been told each time that we need to visit this restaurant . On our third trip here - we gave it a try . We wish we would have tried this out earlier . All the staff was warm, courteous, and very attentive .

We started out with the bacon wrapped scallops then I had the grapefruit and arugula salad - both were out of this world. Our entrees were the goat cheese chicken and the Cajun oatmeal crusted salmon in a buerre blanc sauce . Neither one of us left a drop on our plate . Fun, cozy atmosphere - we will definitely be back again and again .

morristown, nj
“Really terrific food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2013

Had been to this place years ago and thought the food was okay. Glad I went back as the menu was new (to me at least) and I loved what I had. Split 2 interesting salads with a friend and both were excellent. One was an interesting prosciutto and mozzarella salad and the other was a lump crab meat salad with different fruits and vegetables. Helpful waitress was very sweet and helpful (Shawn??-female) and spit the appetizer and dessert for us without hesitation. Had a halibut special with sunchoke puree and black rice and other interesting aspects that made it so different and tasty. We ate outside as it was a nice evening. The view of the golf course is somewhat obstructed/dark due to support structures so while I'd go back, newcomers should know the seating is not on an open deck/patio. On a gorgeous sunny evening, I'd probably choose another place with outside seating or just go to this place later.

• Visited August 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Roselle Park, New Jersey
“won't go again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2013

Service was very slow. Food arrived cold, told the waiter but he ignored my comments about the food being cold. The gave us complimentary dessert but I certainly won't go there again.

• Visited July 2013