“Wonderful value” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
Newburyport, Massachusetts
“Wonderful value”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2014

This was a wonderful place to stay. Everything was made easy for us….reservations, directions, efficiency of checking in and out. The restaurant was a bit pricy and disorganized, but that aside, I would readily stay there again.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

RussellClarkeNJ, Director of Sales at Dolce Basking Ridge, responded to this review, October 6, 2014
Thank you for the review, I will meet with our Food and Beverage team and review our business model. We appreciate your business and review and look forward to your return trip.
Russell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Succasunna, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2014

I booked a suite a few weeks ago, beginning of August. When I got there I was impressed, it was beautiful. Room was very clean and very big! Only downfall was when I had reserved the room they didn't tell me about the restaurant being closed for that night...to me that would've been important information that I would've liked to have known beforehand being that I had a special dinner planned. Besides that it was great and will definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Basking Ridge
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2014

Such a beautiful, clean, and comforting hotel. I had such a great experience with the staff. There's so much to offer between the restaurant, bar, pool, and gym. I am very pleased and I will be back !

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2014

I was here just one night for a wedding. The hotel is lovely. The wedding cocktails, dinner and the following morning's breakfast buffet were all excellent. The room was comfortable and the front desk staff very hospitable. What was amazing to me was that members of the wedding party were up 'til 5 am, yet I never heard them and slept right through the night.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Franklin Lakes, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2014

Of all of the potential wedding sites that we looked at, this stood out as the cleanest and most well-maintained. Small touches were visible throughout such as fruit-infused water, cookies and Coffee etc. available in the lobby. The staff were, without exception, friendly and accommodating. We were able to offer guests who wanted to stay over the option of very reasonably priced rooms. Everything went very smoothly thanks to the efficient and helpful staff. The wedding party was provided with a spacious suite with food set-up in the morning. The appetizer stations and dinner were as promised, and the cocktail hour in the Courtyard was absolutely beautiful and a big hit! (pray for good weather because the alternative for bad weather is not at all satisfactory) The reception room itself comfortably accommodated our 170 guests, and could have held more, yet still had an intimate feel to it (worth it to pay extra for the uplighting) We were also able to host a hot breakfast buffet the next morning in very pleasant surroundings for guests who stayed over. The clean and warm pool was appreciated by overnight guests who had children. Even though the reception ended at 11pm, the Bar and Courtyard were still available until late into the night for those who wanted to remain up. All-in-all we were extremely pleased with our experience, and can highly recommend it.

Room Tip: If you have an option, pick one that overlooks the Courtyard.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Chepachet, Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

I found the rooms to be very clean and the beds fairly comfortable. The staff
was pleasant and friendly, especially at the La Vita Restaurant. I wish there was a refrigerator and or microwave in the room.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

New York City, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2014

The Hotel is beautiful & nicely maintained. The staff were nice & welcoming. WIFI worked well throughout. However, my main issue was that everything was very expensive in the hotel. I asked for refrigerator because I had my baby with me and had to keep his milk cool and. I was charged 15.00. Every time I stay in hotels such as Marriots, Hiltons, etc... I never had to pay for a refrigerator, but I did here.

Again It's beautiful but very expensive.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends

Been to Dolce Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!