“Best choice in the area” 4 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   300 North Maple Ave, Basking Ridge, NJ 07920   |
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
Certificate of Excellence 2014
New York City
“Best choice in the area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have stayed at all the local hotels on business and I find this the best choice. Room, food, service are all good. You could have a long walk to your room, so if that's a concern, speak up. Room rates can go very high for central NJ when they get close to capacity during the week, so book early if you can. Hotel should sell all national and the local newspapers.

Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
RussellClarkeNJ, Director of Sales at Dolce Basking Ridge, responded to this review, August 5, 2013
Fontaine,

Thank you for the wonderfule review and your business. The decision to only have the USA Today was is reduce our carbon foot print. Should your travels have you back with us, our bellstaff will gladly secure newspaper for you stay.

Russell

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Lake Mary, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

I arrived late at night after a flight into town and was able to breeze through check in at that hour. The front desk staff was very pleasant and seemed happy to have me there. The hotel lobby and courtyards are very nice. My request to be changed to a room on a higher floor after initially being given a room on the first floor was accommodated without issue.

The rooms are a very nice size, well appointed, and don't feel cramped at all, but are starting to show signs of wear. The bathroom was very clean and I liked the built in shower gel, shampoo, and conditioner dispensers in the shower. Additionally, the contemporary glass shower stall was quite nice. The bed was also quite comfortable and I had no issue getting comfortable and falling asleep.

Really nice stay and I would stay again, as well as recommend, if you find yourself in the area.

LYNNIE72,

Thank you for the detailed review of your stay, we appreciate the time to sumbit your review and your business. We are pleased to have you as our guest and glad to hear you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you return when travels finds you in Basking Ridge.

Ridge
Ft. Lauderdale
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Stayed at the Dolce with over 35 members of my Italian Family...We could be obnoxious! This is a beautiful hotel with wonderful staff who always had a smile on their faces. Thanks to Jeff in the bar, Michael at the desk, and Ernie for everything...including chaffering me around. I am sorry that I do not recall the names of the other women behind the front desk that were so helpful in explaining, in detail, how I could get to the city. They had so much patience. Again,Thank you. Did I mention that the rooms were clean and elegant as too boot???

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Darn63,

We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and staff during your weekend with us. Please know that I will be passing along your comments to the our staff who were mentioned in your review. We always strive to provide exceptional service and are glad we were able to provide the type of service worthy of a wonderful review.

Hurst, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Was at Dolce for conference. Their staff was amazing and accomodating. I have to call out Samantha who went above and beyond to get me a certain drink I was looking for. She did it all with a smile and even offered to go buy it for me. Hard to find good service like that nowadays.

Trevor M,

Thank you for your business and your review. I would agree that Samantha is one of a kind and I will personally provide her with your comments. Thank you again.

New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Had a really good stay at the Dolce. We went for an overnight and had no problem checking in at around 2p. The place was empty which I'm wondering if that had anything to do with our price. Our room was on the 3rd floor- a king size room. The bed was very comfortable with only a few dings and dirty patches in the carpet. Bathroom had plenty of space and lighting. They had shampoo/conditioner/liquid soap installed in the shower so the only travel size item was the lotion and I think mine was slightly used. It also had a glass shower and a tub- tub didn't have a curtain and even if I wanted to use, there wasn't any way to get soap or anything into it. Everyone was very friendly and accommodating. There was a breakfast buffet which was a good price and really good- highly recommend.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Off2Vaca,

Thank you for the review and I appreciate your comments. The comment about soap/shampoo for the tub is excellent and please note we will visit this item immediately. Please note that the tub does not have curtains since we have seperate tub and showers. Thank you for your buisness and hope to have you with us in the neat future.

Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I stay at this hotel often as i'm at Verizon HQ across the street frequently. the hotel itself is ok, but, the rooms are getting a bit worn. Not one big thing but several smaller things that add up...AC wont cool room below 69, toilet seat hanging on by a thread, carpet signficantly worn, etc.

Time for Dolce to spend some money updating.

Not terribly hopeful though because my guess is they are set moving forward due to the signficant business they must get due to proximity to Verizon HQ.

Room Tip: request a room with working AC
Frogbog,

Thank you for the business and the review of your last stay. We do a large amount of business with Verizon and appreciate the opportunity to work closely with them. Due to our business volumes we will start our refreshing, renovating and remodling projects in mid December. I will be checking into the cooling comments to ensure our units are providing cooling as needed. Thank you again.

Seattle, Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

The rooms were nice, clean and fairly modern. Looks like a great convention facility; might even have been a corporately owned or controlled hotel once as it's just off the former AT&T campus (Verizon now). The bar had a rather skimpy selection, but some good brews. Best of all service throughout and friendlieness of the staff made me feel like a VIP!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
RussellClarkeNJ, Director of Sales at Dolce Basking Ridge, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thank you for your business and your review. I am pleased to hear that the staff made you feel most welcome and special. I will have our Director of Food and Beverage review the bar menu based upon your comments. We hope to have the pleasure of your business again, in the future. Thank you again.

Been to Dolce Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!