“Super clean and comfortable” 5 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
GreenLeadersBronze level
Highland Park, New Jersey
“Super clean and comfortable”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for the first time this past weekend when I attended my high school reunion. I have never taken the time to write a review before, but I am doing so now because I feel inspired by a particular Housekeeping employee named Ms. Leonor Rivera. I was lucky enough to run into her many times over my 3-day stay, and each time though she was hard at work making those rooms sparkle and shine, her warmth, open and cheerful manner just added to my delicious experience of connecting with old friends in such a lovely and homey setting. I am so glad I took the time to say "hello." The room would have been just as incredibly clean and comfortable, the atmosphere just as pleasant, the grounds just as lovely with beautiful fall foliage all around, but it wouldn't have been the same without meeting Leonor. I will definitely return--maybe just for the fun of staying there again!

Room Tip: My room was on the fourth floor, King size bed, and it was awesome.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 16, 2012

The checkin experience was brisk and great. The room itself is painted in bright cheery colors with wood flooring. It is very pleasant. The bar serves good dinners and was lively for the start of a week. It was a nice place to unwind. The fish and chips was very good.

The hotel is located centrally in Basking Ridge, making it easy to get to most businesses. Parking was good and close to the door.

Two problems - the tap in the bathroom was loose and wobbly making it difficult to get the right temperature. Avoid breakfasts. On my first day the 2-egg breakfast was ok. On the second day they forgot to heat it up. Very inconsistent & disappointing. The toast comes unbuttered, delivered with rock-hard butter making do-it-yourself impossible.

Overall, it is an average hotel stay. Some pluses, some minuses. The price is on the high-side.

Room Tip: All rooms seemed to be very good. The hotel is located in a quiet area. Stay way from the elevator-a...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Heather G, Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
Dear Roy M,

Thank you for your feedback. I am delighted to hear you enjoyed the room décor and location. We do appreciate your positive feedback. I am sorry to hear you experienced some issues during your stay. We use these opportunities as training tools to continuously improve and hopefully we can WOW you during your next stay.

Warm regards,
Heather Graziano
Guest Service Manager
CT
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stayed here 2 nights for a family wedding. The first day check in was quick and the front desk woman was very personable. The second day when I went to get my other room, it was a different story. Check in was for 3pm. I asked the woman at the front desk, around 2pm, if they had a room available yet. She said no. Ok, a few more people came in and tried to check in and still no rooms were available yet. Now it was about 2:50 pm and there was a line forming at the front desk and people were getting rooms, so I got in line and waited and waited. It would have been better customer service if they had more than one person working the desk near check-in time, especially when they knew there were many wedding guests staying there. Finally got a room. It was spacious enough, wooden floors and typically clean. The ac didn't work properly, but they did come and get it working. The walls are very thin and you can hear your neighbors. The wooden floors amplify walking noises, you could hear toilets flushing in other rooms and it was very noisy in our own room. There was no fan in the bathroom, some bathrooms had automatic lights that turned on when you walked in. This wasn't very good for late night bathroom usage. The actual rooms were poorly lit, even with all the lamps on. Breakfast had runny eggs, cold potatoes, and soggy bacon. The servers were very polite and attentive. Nothing around in walking distance, car dependent.

Room Tip: No pool, but there is a workout room.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Heather G, Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this review, October 22, 2012
Dear Pigismom,

Thank you for taking the time to respond regarding your recent stay with us. I am happy the staff was attentive however, I apologize we did not exceed your expectations during your visit. We greatly appreciate your feedback and use it to better ourselves and make the necessary improvements to our guestrooms.

Warm regards,
Heather Graziano
Guest Service Manager
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

I have been staying at the this hotel for business every week for 3 to 4 days over the past year and it has become my home away from home. All of the staff from the Front Desk to Housekeeping are always so helpful and friendly. I look forward to checking in with Colette, Estella and Gamil always have my coffee prepared for me the way I like it in the morning. The managers Mimi, Gladys, Chris, and Kim are always around and offer to take care of anything I may need. Tonight there was a special wine tasting reception on the patio to promote some local New Jersey wines ( I was informed that Indigo hotels promote local vendors to tie into their theme.) I even received a thank you bag for coming with chocolates made on property and an apple from the local farm stand. All in all, this hotel is by far the best in the area and very comfortable. I feel more like a guest in someone's home when I stay here and not just like a traveler staying at a hotel.

Room Tip: They have a nice happy hour, with specials and appetizers. The rooms on the back side of the buildin...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Mimi V, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this review, October 4, 2012
Dear ML,
Thank you very much for such a genuine heartfelt review. It really has been our pleasure to be your host in your “home away from home.” I have shared your review with the entire staff (as I know that you are in contact with many of them each week)and I cannot express the smiles that were generated as it was read out loud. You truly are a valued guest and we thank you for your continued loyalty.

Yours Fondly,
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2012

Everyone was friendly and helpful, but Gladys Camilo went way beyond the norm, to make sure my stay was extra special! I would recommend this hotel, based on the wonderful service and the people who work there!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mimi V, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this review, October 5, 2012
Greetings Farber96,

Wow! What a great review to receive! We are always happy to hear that our guests at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge were able to enjoy their stay and received such wonderful service. Gladys (our Executive Housekeeper) is very special and we are very lucky to have such a great associate as part of our team. We look forward to your next visit!

Kind Regards,
Neshanic Station, New Jersey, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

I had never stayed at an Indigo Hotel before, only having been to a few Happy Hours after work. I've always enjoyed the atmosphere there for Happy Hour. The staff had always been very friendly during my visits. I recently had a need to stay close to work overnight and decided to try the Indigo. I have to say my expectations were exceeded in every way. The rooms are decorated beautifully and are super clean! I'm glad I had a chance to stay and looking forward to staying at the Indigo again. I would recommend to anyone staying in the area.

Good Day JRTaylor76,

I'm happy to hear your first Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge stay was a success! We are always glad to show Indigo newbies a good time. As you travel to other Indigos, you'll notice we all have unique touches; no two Indigos are alike! Since you mentioned our hotel happy hour, I am pleased to share that we have some new additions and themes that we offer Monday through Friday. Please stop by and introduce yourself as I would love to buy one of my happy guests a drink in Old Oak Bar & Bistro. Thank you again for your great review, and we hope you'll come visit us again soon.

Fondly,
Middletown, Delaware, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2012

What a great place to stay!! This is by far my favorite place to stay! The level of customer service is the best that I have experienced in a long time. The customer does come first at the Indigo. They make you feel like family and go out of there way to make sure you are comfortable and welcomed. Heather, Collette, and Mimi are the best and continue to provide a high level of customer service to me every time I stay. I would not stay any where else! Great job, keep up the outstanding sevice. Many thanks Bryan

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Mimi V, General Manager at Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge, responded to this review, October 8, 2012
Dear Bryan,

As one of our most frequent and valued guests I am thankful that you have taken the time to write such a generous review of our hotel. Bryan, we really do strive to make all of our visitors feel like guests in a home rather than just a guest at a hotel. There are many choices in accommodations out there and we all offer the same, a bed, flat screen TV, high speed internet, but what sets us apart from the rest is the personalized service we offer and it warms our hearts that you recognize that. Our promise to you is to continue to make you feel like home every week when you stay. As always, please do not hesitate to let Colette, Heather, myself or any other Basking Ridge Indigo Team member assist you with any needs you may have.

We look forward to your next visit!
Warm Regards,
Mimi Varchi

Been to Hotel Indigo Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!