“The standard we judge others against” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Basking Ridge, New Jersey
“The standard we judge others against”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This is one of our "go to" locations when we are not cooking at home. The Pad Thai is the standard by which we now judge every other Thai restaurant and seldom is it met elsewhere. I can't say we have been very adventurous with the rest of the menu everything else we have selected was excellent as well. Great decor and atmosphere.

Visited February 2013

88% Recommend
Morristown, New Jersey, United States
“Great food, nice atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

We have been to origin many times before, and have never been disappointed. This is where my fiance and I had our first date. It is a fusion of french-thai but anyone could find something on the menu, it has some basic dishes, and some exotic ones on it as well. We usually start with escargot, chicken satay or sometimes I get the garden salad which is quite large. This past weekend we got appetizers, salad, entrees and dessert...way too much food.

I usually get the pad see ew. Love it every time. I have also tried some of the grilled entrees like the jumbo shrimp. The trio of dipping sauces that come with it are so good! My fiance gets the Gra praw or a steak. The one complaint he has is usually that the Gra praw is not spicy enough even though he asks for "thai spicy".

We love the atmosphere and the asian decor. The water feature in the middle is very soothing and mood setting. Great for a couples dinner or could be for family too. They are very quick with bringing out the food. One of the things we like the most is that its BYOB. Keeps the cost down and we can bring in our favorite wine.

Great place to go!

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
NJ
“Upscale thai restaurant!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

This is my favorite thai restaurant in NJ. They always are able to accomodate me if I forget to make a reservation. The owner is very welcoming. The decor is really cute. This is a great place to go on a date. It is BYOB and there is a liquor store next door.

• Visited November 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Wayne, New Jersey, USA
“Thai-French -- Nice!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

I have had lunch here twice with a friend/business associate. It's some distance from where I live -- we meet halfway. My experience both times has been very nice, such that I want to make the trip for dinner with my wife. My friend and I shared shrimp dumplings and chicken satay as appetizers -- both very nicely prepared with the appropriate sauces and garnishes. A $ 10 bottle of Pinot Gris from the liquor store next store was our own accompaniment and worked perfectly. My friend had a Pad Thai and I had a wonderful Peking Duck Salad on this last visit. The salad was great, with strips of fresh apple and carrot for crispness and cashews for crunch along with the lettuce and other ingredients I don't recall at this writing. At twelve bucks for this main-course salad served in a paper-thin "dumpling crust" (best description I can give it), it was a very different lunch than I'm used to. The atmosphere is bistro-like, yet relatively quiet, so that conversation is easy. Service was fast (almost too fast, as they were bringing our main courses out before we had finished our appetizers). The emphasis is on "Thai" -- with a French accent, as opposed to "French" food offerings. All in all, a restaurant with a difference, and one I would recommend to others.

• Visited October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Annandale, New Jersey
“Consistently Good”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

In my opinion the best part of this place is the ambiance, very tranquil and I think they made the most of the space they had to work with. The food is good too, but tends to be heavy handed on salt. It's BYO but there is a liquor store conveniently located next door so it works out great! It doesn't seem to be a welcome place for small children, though great for couples or small groups.

• Visited July 2012