“The most comfortable bed” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
United States
“The most comfortable bed”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

We stayed here just one night while traveling through the area. The room was nice, modern, and clean. The bathroom was also clean. I think the best thing about this hotel room was the bed. This was probably the most comfortable bed I've ever slept on in any hotel! I wish all hotel beds were like this. I recommend this hotel just for that.
The room had a big flat screen television which was nice. There was also a very small balcony which we didn't use. Felt pretty safe here. They charge for breakfast so we didn't partake, but there is a Starbucks very close by.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
GMBaskingRidge, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Basking Ridge, responded to this review, August 1, 2013
Bluemoonsymphony,

Thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review! We appreciate the comments about the cleanliness of our rooms. Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in making sure all of our rooms are fresh and immaculate. I am happy to hear you enjoyed a good night’s rest on our comfortable beds. Feel free to visit our website shopcourtyard.com where you can find everything from mattresses to bedding, pillows and more. We also have a Starbucks on property at our Bistro that is open 24 hours for your convenience.

Again, thank you for all the fantastic comments and we hope to see you again!

Scott Selby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
usa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

You must ask for a refrigerator & there are no room safes.....Booked at a "discounted" block rate for guests at a nearby wedding...the rate given was $119+....about 2-3 weeks before the wedding a friend informed me that the listed rack rate was now $109+...I called & questioned this & they eventually got back to me & agreed to texuce the rate...and by the way, we had 26 rooms booked...well beyond the minimum of 11.....I also arranged for a continental breakfast for our guests as no breakfast was included....the per person rate was $18.99 + $200 room fee & 20% gratuity...I usually give 20% for table service...this was a room set for 50 people with juice, coffee/tea, bagels, small muffins & sliced fruit....when I spoke to the manager, Scott, he arrogantly informed me that this was "basking ridge" & the price was not negotiable...I thought we didn't negotiate with terrorists LOL...I was hardly that...anyway, I could NEVER recommend this hotel....if you are having a wedding nearby, look somewhere else...oh, and at the last minute they tried to change the time of the shuttle bus....I have travelled throught the country & europe & this was one of the least pleasant hotel experiences I have had.....

Room Tip: You must ask for a refrigerator & there are no room safes.....Booked at a "discounted"...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
GMBaskingRidge, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Basking Ridge, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Dear helene47,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about our hotel. I want to apologize for the poor experience and for the way I came across to you. We typically negotiate group rates for a wedding well in advance of the date of the event, usually 6 months. to 1.5 years before the wedding. When we get close to the date of the wedding we may not have sold as many rooms as anticipated and will discount the rate to try and drive sales – thus the lower rate. Our prices for food and beverage are competitive with the surrounding hotels and we add on the usual gratuity and tax which is an industry standard in all hotels/catering halls. Typically we receive nothing but praise for the execution and service of our weddings and I assure you this is not indicative of our service. I am sorry that we were not able to meet your expectations.

Doylestown, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

This is a well run, standard Courtyard and it met my overnight needs. Staff very helpful and attentive. Clean and crisp. It actually had some atmosphere in the bar downstairs which is nice to see.No problems to report. Recommended.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GMBaskingRidge, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Basking Ridge, responded to this review, August 22, 2013
BritintheUSA1,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review, I am particularly proud to hear you feel the hotel is well run!! The management team and staff work very hard to ensure every guest has a great experience. Thank you for the recommendation!!

Cheers,

Boulder, Colorado
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

It was fine. Crazy crowded evening. they gave my reserved room - 2 king beds - away (thanks guys) and gave us a "suite" instead which had one king and a sofa bed. Meh. I appreciate the effort, but have this thing about reservations. I made one, you either honor it or not. if not, what is the point of a reservation? The place was a total zoo with baseball teams, weddings etc going on. And yet, it was mostly quiet (other than some loud guests blazing through the halls at about 11 pm for a brief scream fest) and we all slept fine. Since they gave our room away, they threw in free breakfast which we had not opted for. I appreciated that and the effort to sort out our room issue. Thanks. Average.

SebGo,

Thank you for writing this review and providing your feedback on our hotel. I would like to apologize that you were not given the room that you had originally reserved. This should have never happened and there is no excuse for it. I do hope that you are willing to give us another chance here at the hotel, and I will make sure to make things right upon your next visit.

Thank you for staying with us and passing along your comments.

Miami Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

Stayed here when our usual go-to hotel was all booked up.
New hotel, great facilities for families. Nice casual restaurant area in lobby. Some circular, semi-private booths with individual TVs are a huge hit with kids. Great way to keep everyone together. Food was good, fast service.

Rooms spacious, try to get one on ground floor. Sliding door opens to lushly landscaped patio and pool area.

One drawback: there were cobwebs right above our bed and a spider fell on me. Informed front desk and we were moved right away. Not indicative of overall level of cleanliness though. I think had more to do with impossibly high ceilings of the rooms, which make it hard to clean. Just look up!

Fair price and comfortable for families. We had the breakfast and internet included rate. No weird extra fees like many hotels. Would stay here again when in the area visiting family.

Room Tip: Rooms spacious, try to get one on ground floor. Sliding door opens to lushly landscaped patio and po...
Dear Miamiflor,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We appreciate all of the great comments and the feedback you have provided us. We are honored to hear that you have now considered us your go-to hotel in the area! I am pleased you were able to enjoy all of our new amenities especially the media pods which happen to be my favorite as well. I apologize for your experience in the room as this was totally unacceptable. I will be sure to inform my staff right away to make sure we take care of this so it does not happen again. Although the circumstances were not ideal I am happy that my staff was able to respond right away and move you to another room.

Thank you again for writing this review. We look forward to seeing you soon!

Kindest regards,

Dunellen
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We went to a wedding this past weekend and most guets stayed at the hotel. The room price was great although it seemed that it seemed all guests were not given the same price and other were told the the time to book a room at the wedding group rate had expired and others were able to book a room after the wedding and still get the wedding group rate.

The hotel itself and rooms were very nice and comfortable.

The Bar/Bistro was ridiculously over priced for both food and drinks. One round of 3 drinks = $28. One Pepsi from the snack area $2.68, one beer $6.41, one Crown Royal on the rocks $12. They were nice enough to keep the Bar open till 1 am for the wedding party but with the prices they were charging it just didn't make sense. For breakfast we opted to leave and go somewhere more reasonably priced, their prices at the Bistro/Bar and Snack area are just outrageous. Bring a cooler of your own beverages and snacks and you'll be fine and save a ton of money.

Room Tip: Request a Balcony Room.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Debbie B,

Thank you for writing your comments, your feedback is important to me as it helps us improve service to all of our guests. In regards to the room rate I apologize if there was some confusion. Typically we offer a discounted group rate with a deadline 4 weeks prior to the check in date. In some circumstances if we do not sell out on that evening and we are not in high demand the rate may lower and could be equivalent to the wedding rate.

Thank you for your review on our guest rooms. I am glad to hear you enjoyed the space.

I am disappointed to hear that you were not able to enjoy our Bistro. In response to the pricing we do survey the area and our prices are competitive with what is in the market. I apologize if we did not meet your needs in this aspect of your stay with us.

Again, I am truly thankful for review and we appreciate your business.

Lutherville, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed 2 nights June 7&8, everything went well, we were there to attend a wedding, the front desk personnel were very friendly as was the hotel manager, the room was excellent and the shuttle service to the wedding location was handled very well. No complaints, highly recommend !

Room Tip: Make sure that your room location is away from the sport teams that stay there!, very important to h...
Dear Marlandfirst,

Thank you for the complimentary review! I am glad to hear you had a wonderful experience at our hotel and I hope you had a fantastic time at the wedding. I appreciate your comments about our staff. I am honored to have such a great team and I will be sure to pass this comment along. I am so glad you enjoyed the shuttle service, this is something we arrange for our wedding groups and we love to hear the great feedback.

Thank you again for your great review. We hope to see you next time you are in Basking Ridge.

Best regards,

Scott Selby

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!