“3 night long weekend stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
$20 Daily Credit
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Basking Ridge
Boca Raton, FL
“3 night long weekend stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2012

We arrived very late on a Thursday night. Had adjoining rooms for a family of 5. Rooms a bit small, amenities sparse. Not a lot of towels or shampoo/conditioner offered, no shower cap either which I don't often use, but my hair was just done! One room smelled a bit musty and had a heavy air freshener smell to it. King sized Bed mushy & bed pillows small!! Pull out couch used by my 9 year old not made up and when we arrived after midnight & had to make it up myself. Bistro area pleasant with limited food menu, alcohol served until 1am only due to local ordinance.

Was in the area for a family function so not too much time spent in the hotel. Grounds look beautiful! Easy access to highways.

Room Tip: Room 373 smelled musty.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
GMBaskingRidge, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Basking Ridge, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
hnsadler,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about our hotel, I know your time is valuable and we appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. You mentioned a couple of the amenities were sparse or not present. We do stock each room with a standard amount of amenities but we are more than willing to provide you with additional items upon request. I am so sorry your room smelled musty, we have addressed this by completing in essence a deep clean of this room to eliminate the source of the odor. Our standard is to leave the sofa bed unmade in each room but a quick phone call to the front desk and we will have the bed made for you. It is wasteful and not ecologically friendly to continuously wash sheets and blankets on sofa beds that are not used and the majority of our guests do not use these beds. The Courtyard by Marriott has recently changed the standard of the pillows and we will be purchasing all new pillows in the near future.

Scott Selby

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

Jena at the Courtyard Marriott Front Desk was very pleasant and extremely helpful. I've stayed here several times and always recommend this hotel to my business associates. The amenities like the fitness center are wonderful and the french toast in the cafe is the best.

Irving, TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2012

I frequently stay at this hotel. On my last trip, Ms Jena was extremely helpful and quickly resolved a minor concern I had. She also extended a free breakfast voucher which was much appreciated.

i would not hesitate in recommending this place to other business associates.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
GMBaskingRidge, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Basking Ridge, responded to this review, October 12, 2012
HassanH,

Thank you for writing a review about our hotel!! I am so glad Jena was able to handle your “minor” concern. We feel that resolving guest issues is extremely important. We know we are not perfect so we emphasize rectifying service lapses so all guest are satisfied with their stay with us. I will personally thank Jena for taking care of you! Also, thank you for recommending us!!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2012 via mobile

Love the atmosphere of the new bistro! I have been coming here for years and it still feels like home! Meliz greeted me with cookies and a warm welcome! It is no wonder our company comes here time and time again

• Stayed August 2012
fflyer1,

So glad to here you like the new Bistro – we have been getting many great comments from others as well. Glad to here Meliz was so hospitable and offered cookies. She will be so happy you mentioned her. I will also thank her for taking care of you.

Thank you for being so loyal!!!

Basking Ridge, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

i have been staying here for 7 months and the staff has been excellent. service has been outstanding and overall hotel is excellent. Meliz, Kelly, patrice, jenna, jessica steven and the wait staff have been particularly helpful and responsive to all of my needs. You should be proud of this hotel

john t,

I am so glad you have stayed with us so long and that you appreciate many of our staff members. I am very proud of all of my associates at this hotel. I am always particularly impressed when they are so outstanding you remember their names. I will recognize the associates you mentioned and thank them for their great work!!

Thank you!!

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night, 8/25/12 with my husband as we had a family wedding that was nearby. The staff at check in were very nice and everything went smoothly. The room was very nicely appointed and spotless. The desk area had a high speed data port and there was an outlet in the desk lamp. There were also a couple other outlets in the room. We had brunch the next day with the wedding party in a private room and everything was quite nice. The only thing that I will complain about is your WiFi as it really is not very good at all but other than that I highly recommend this hotel. Just fix the WiFi and everything will be perfect!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Sandi149,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel!! You had many kind words about our hotel which I am very appreciative!! We have recently upgraded our internet services. This upgrade enables us to have ten times the bandwidth over our previous service. This was a common complaint but now we no longer have these issues or complaints.

So glad you enjoyed our hotel while attending a wedding!!

Regards,

Pawleys Island, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012

The BR Courtyard is a great central Jersey option. Staff is very friendly and ready to meet your needs. Workout room has great equipment along with a pool option. Check staff greeted me like a long lost friend and by name. Nice touch!

Tim M,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel!! I am so happy to here you were greeted as a long lost friend!! Our goal is take make all of our guest feel welcome. We do have great new exercise equipment with individual HD TVs on many of our aerobic machines and the room is also much larger than most Courtyards.

Thank you for staying with us!!!

Scott Selby

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Basking Ridge? Share your experiences!