Came straight here literally from a 3-night stay on Times Square. It was like coming to a ghost-town, and we loved it. Quiet, serene; we felt like we had the place to ourselves, although there were other guests right next to us. A well-run B&B, Nancy goes above and beyond to make the whole experience wonderful. Our room was large, clean, and had a DISTANT view of the bay (Sunset Vista Suite); in-room Jacuzzi was great. The bed was sooooo comfortable....didn't want to get out of it.
Breakfast: Best of our entire vacation. Everything fresh and home-made from their own recipes. Crème-brulee French-toast was the best!! Muffins or banana-bread; juice; hot, strong coffee. We were never really hungry enough to eat lunch!!
Had a 70 degree day and spent it on the beach with maybe 6 other people. The lighthouse is a short walk away and beach access is reasonable, if you know where to go (ask before you start out). The next day we had rain and enjoyed being in the room.
Nancy is what makes this B&B a cut above the rest. She made us feel very welcome, each morning at breakfast she spent individual time with each guest giving suggestions for the day and we felt like she was getting to know us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Seashore contemporary, sparkling clean bed and breakfast accommodation with water view rooms and spacious suites, all with private entrance from the outside, private bath, some with jacuzzi, some with a porch and all with a sumptuous full breakfast each morning. Modern amenities including free wifi, HDTV, DVD player, library of current DVD's,common areas with grand piano and game tables, in-room hair dryer, robes and beach towels, chairs and umbrella. Enjoy your day at the beach or out on the bay then return to our beautiful outdoor, heated pool (available summer only) and courtyard area or enjoy complimentary bikes to ride around town. We are close to restaurants and shopping and a short drive to golf. Relax on our beautiful rooftop deck overlooking a panoramic view of the Barnegat Bay and the Barnegat Lighthouse. Then celebrate our colorful sunsets as you pass another relaxing day at the Sand Castle. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your The Sand Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Sand Castle Hotel Barnegat Light
- The Sand Castle Barnegat Light, NJ - Long Beach Island