“Second annual stay in paradise!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Sand Castle

Save Saved
You added The Sand Castle to your Saves list
The Sand Castle
710 Bayview Avenue, P O Box 607, Barnegat Light, Long Beach Island, NJ 08006   |
Grand Rapids, Minnesota
“Second annual stay in paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013 via mobile

Knowing that Sandy had spared our beloved Sandcastle and that we had our reservations confirmed somehow made the intermedible Minnesota winter more manageable. As soon as the Sandcastle came into sight let a sigh of joy and contentment.
Of course I "ditto" all the other accolades in these reviews. Nancy, our wonderful innkeeper sees to it that every whim is anticipated or accommodated. The rooms are well appointed, the beds blissfully comfortable, and the breakfasts are devine.
Thank you to everyone at the Sandcastle for another amazing, albeit all too short, trip to paradise!

• Stayed May 2013
sandcastlelbi, Owner at The Sand Castle, responded to this review, June 23, 2013
We are thrilled that amongst our five star guests we have a contingent that come all the way from Minnesota! Kudos to you for your enthusiasm and genuine concern about us after the storm. Fortunately, we were spared from any major damage and continue to host our guests in the same quality style that you have come to know us for. Big thanks for the vote of confidence in us!

71 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Millington, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2013

This was our second trip to the Sand Castle B&B. This trip was an off-season, overnight getaway. We were greeted with open arms and welcomed back. (Yes, we were remembered by the staff!!) Everything was outstanding! Food, accomodations, friendly staff, etc. I would really recommend the Lighthouse Suite. It overlooks the pool, and has a great view of the majestic lighthouse. The Suite has a 2 person jacuzzi tub on the second level and a king size bed. A very comfortable seating area and a large screen plasma TV just top everything off!!

Thanks for a relaxing and rejuvinating stay!! We will be back....LOVE LBI !!!!!!

Room Tip: Second time in the Lighthouse Suite....Would not have another...PERFECT!!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for visiting us during the off-season, which can be pretty spectacular due to smaller crowds, more last minute availability, yet plenty of fine dining choices. The Lighthouse is always open to climb to the top......an amazing view for those who make it! Our chef thanks you for the compliments on the food! She makes great efforts to bring top quality ingredients, in food presented for the plain or fancy eater! You never have to worry about asking for plain old scrambled eggs instead of her famous frittata......she makes your request with a smile. And as past guests have experienced, you can eat at a private table or mingle with others at the large table.....your choice. Thanks again for your feedback.
Kendall Park, NJ
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2012

The Sand Castle B&B is a little slice of heaven! We felt like we were a world away! It was such a peaceful and relaxing stay. The bed sheets are SO comfortable and the breakfast was absolutely delicious! My husband and I especially appreciated the nice little touches of complimentary non-alcoholic beverages in the room, large variety of DVD rentals, beach chairs and bicycles. Both Nancys are extremely knowledgeable and hospitable. The only very small disappointment was that the jacuzzi wasn't working, but we're using that as an excuse to return next time. We were recommended to this place by friends, and I would definitely recommend it to others.

Plainfield
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 24, 2012

I found this B & B on the internet after searching for a small, intimate, romantic place for our anniversary. I immediately fell in love with the website and then went on tripadvisor to check the ratings. Once I checked Trip advisor I was ready to book. After looking at all the rooms I decided on Egrets landing which was already booked. The only room available was Seascapes which I booked. Periodically I checked to see if Egrets Landing had become available which eventually it did. I was then able to switch to my first choice, Egrets Landing. We arrived at approximately 2PM on Saturday, so excited to meet Nancy and get the tour that I heard everyone talk about on Tripadvisor. Unfortunately, Nancy was not there, however she left a note on the door addressed to myself and my husband, with directions to our room as well as directions to other parts of the house. Immediately upon entering Egerts landing I was pleasantly surprised. There were stairs leading to a private entrance, with a private porch on either side of the glass french doors. The room was not decorated as on the website as I expected but it was really beautiful. The room was very bright and sunny yet had shades and blinds for privancy if needed. I was also surprised by the door opposite the closet leading to the hospitality area which has a refrigerator with complimentary beverages and ice, a microwave, water cooler and complimentary popcorn and hot chocolate. In addition to each room having a private entrance from outside, each room also has another door which opens to this hospitality area. My husband and I then toured the property, sampled the baked goods in the parlor, then settled into our room. The bed was very comfortable, as were the chairs, it was very convenient having a mini fridge eventhough we had access to the one in the hospitality area. Breakfast was very good on sunday morning. We were able to help ourselves to cereal, fresh fruit, coffee, tea, juices and an assortment of baked breads. After seated we were able to choose from a menu of Blueberry croissant french toast with blueberry syrup (which we chose) & taylor ham, eggs benedict, or an english muffin with eggs sandwich. Monday mornings breakfast included all the above self serve items in addition to a choice of a breakfast Quesadilla with Taylor Ham, Pancakes with Taylor ham or eggs with Taylor ham. The Quesadilla was great! We really enjoyed our visit and plan to go back again.

Room Tip: Egrets landing has an excellent view of the bay.
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

My husband and I decided to enjoy the NJ shore after Labor Day and booked the Oceanic room. The room was very cozy with a private access door to the parking lot. The bed was sooo comfortable!! I meant to ask Nancy about those sheets! So soft. My husband and I were well rested. We ended up bringing our own beach chairs but I loved how each room has their own 'stash' right outside their doors (umbrella included). I was anticipating a common area where everyone might go to grab their beach supplies but this was a nice feature that we will be sure to use next time. While storm clouds threatened...Sand Castle offered many cozy delights to make us feel like we did not care what the weather did! (Though it turned out to be beautiful the following day anyway). The pool and jacuzzi were a nice option to come home to after the rough waters at the beach. Breakfast was amazing of course. We both enjoyed the gluten free belgian waffles...delicious!!! This was pretty impressive...I figured the gluten free options would strictly be egg-based dishes. It was a real treat for Sandcastle to have this option for those who are on a gluten-free diet. The coffee was phenomenal. It is 'pressure-brewed' which makes for a more delicious cup. All of the little details were great. This B&B exceeded expectations...even with a #1 rating on TA.

Room Tip: Oceanic room was on the smaller side but served all of our needs. It was definitely quiet even thou...
Pompton Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012

We have been traveling to LBI for years and never stayed at the north end of the island…what a nice place to be! The Sand Castle B&B is wonderful! My husband and I enjoyed every moment! Hospitality, breakfast, amenities and attention to details are unbelievable! Thank you Nancy and your staff for a wonderful and relaxing weekend!

Matawan, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2012

This is the sixth year that we have been visiting The Sand Castle, and once again, we had an incredibly enjoyable stay! Nancy, the owner, makes you feel welcome from the moment you arrive. The rooms are beautifully decorated with the most luxurious sheets and bedding. The breakfasts are delicious, and they are always willing to accommodate any requests you may have. The pool area is just beautiful, and it's so nice to relax when you get back from the beach. Beach badges are always included as well as beach towels and water bottles, and snacks are also available for the guests. This is one of my favorite places to stay, and I plan on returning for many years to come. Thanks, Nancy, for always making us feel so pampered! Melanie and Craig

Room Tip: I like to choose the rooms with the king size bed!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to The Sand Castle? Share your experiences!