“WORSE EVER - You have been WARNED” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Barnegat Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Barnegat
Barnegat Motel
You added Barnegat Motel to your Saves list
115 Route 9, Barnegat, NJ   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Barnegat
Newark, New Jersey
“WORSE EVER - You have been WARNED”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

After leaving a concert in AC on Valentines Day with my lady. We decided to look for a place to stay after Storm Neptune made driving treacherous and dangerous to drive back to Sparta. No vacancy at the Holiday Inn others had the same idea. So we ended up at the Bargenut Motel Inn. Worse Ever, moldy smell, carpet, furniture, curtains, beddings are all outdated. Stailns all over carpet and chairs. After walking in inches of snow drifts and thinking we would be in a war room soon. NOT room was cold because the heat was off. Thin comforters, glad there were 2 beds. Used hoth sets and slept in our clothes. Didnt even shower before leaving. That nasty. Wish I took a pic of the hangers, one was a used hanger from the cleaners, and three plastic clip hangers from the local Walmart. Dont see how or what rooms were so pleasant. Must have been just room 27.

Room Tip: Don't Choose this hotel
  • Stayed February 2015, traveled as a couple

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Norman Park, Ga
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2014

What a horrible, depressing place. The owners, (especially Maggie), were extremely rude and demeaning, looking down their noses as if speaking to someone less than human. The furnishings were old and ugly, the carpet worn. The microwave didn't work, and the shower water (like the heat), would suddenly change from cold to scalding hot. One night Maggie knocked on the door after 11 pm to search the room, looking under the bed and asking if I had a skinny girl hidden there. Junkies seemed to love the place, though, like a guy in room 6 who seemed to have a regular business going all night. Avoid this rat-hole at all costs.

• Stayed December 2013

Travelers are raving about these Barnegat hotels

Alexandria, VA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2012

The Barnegat hotel has a nice, old-fashioned charm too it. My girlfriend and I stayed there for 2 nights while visiting friends and going to a wedding over the weekend. The hotel's managers were extremely accomodating, friendly, and personable, and even upgraded our room for free 'just because". The room was clean, spacious, and charming with a slightly more romantic feel than most chain hotels. Don't believe they offer a continental breakfast or have a swimming pool, but if you're looking to stay somewhere that's well managed, neat, with a slight European architectural flare, then the Barnegat Hotel will meet all your needs and then some. Such a wonderful weekend there. Great people.

Room Tip: No emenities
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Clarksburg, Maryland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012

We regrettably stayed in this dump 2 nights; for the money spent you get nothing…not even a blow dryer!!!! Our AC had 2 speeds full blast and off, we froze our butts off! When I went outside in the morning my glasses fogged over!!! My 2 year old son flushed the toilet on me in the shower and burned my butt! The water pressure SUCKS! Our second night the “guest” below us had music blaring til 3 AM. I used my cell phone, since there is not a phone in the room to call the “front desk” only to leave a message. No one was around at check-out, so once again I called the front desk. I spoke to the women who checked us in. She said she checked for someone playing loud music and couldn’t hear anything. Then I see the “guest” from the room below us collecting the trash from around the grounds. Of course she didn’t hear her “employee of month” playing loud music all hours of the night!! If there is a next time we will spend the extra money to stay at the Holiday Inn and not have to drive to get coffee!!!!

Room Tip: Stay away from room 16!!!
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2012

I found a slug leach black looking thing under the pillow on the sheet good thing I looked first asked for a refund or a free stay and was told no can only get 10 bucks back or leave n will get money back...kinda mean to me about it..not my fault u had a slug thing crawling in the bed...I feel I should have been refunded with a free room for inconviece and not being nasty or mean about a nasty creature that stained the sheets were I was gunna sleep

• Stayed July 2012
Sacramento
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012

First room I got was not serviced. Second room had no AC. It was a vaulted ceiling loft style room on 100 degree day. Third room, key didn't work. I settled withe second room not wanting to go to the trouble of another hotel... Then the owner walks into the room without knocking rudely asking for key to the other room.. I had already made 3 trips down to the "lobby", this place flea bag

• Stayed July 2012
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This is an excellent motel. Very clean the staff is very friendly the rooms are pretty nice it all goes acording what you pay and it was worth it. I stayed there 2 nights for MDW and it was awesome very quiet place 15 min from Seaside Heights !! And 10 from long beach island !! Every time i go down the shore ill def stay there.. I 100% recomend it !!

• Stayed May 2011

Been to Barnegat Motel? Share your experiences!