“This is the place to rent!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Topsides Bed and Breakfast

Topsides Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Wolfeboro
Topsides Bed and Breakfast
You added Topsides Bed and Breakfast to your Saves list
209 South Main Street, Wolfeboro, NH 03894   |
Ranked #3 of 7 Wolfeboro B&B and Inns
New York City, New York
“This is the place to rent!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Recently my family rented the entire Topsides Bed and Breakfast for my nephew's wedding. Being from out-of-town and exhausted from the long drive, we were greeted by a pleasant hostess who showed us the rooms and amenities, making us feel at home immediately.

The entire place is quite charming and very clean! Each room is nicely accented and has its own theme like the Martha's Vineyard room - which I stayed in and it was cheerful and cozy. Each room also has its own bathroom, which is a nice feature considering that many B&B's don't have this amenity. Our breakfasts were tasty and varied - French toast, yogurt, cereal, etc. fresh coffee and juice. While Topsides was so conveniently located to our reception, we realized that it was also very close to town, restaurants and even close a hospital - within walking distance.

If you want that real New England experience you had always hoped for - a B&B with a charming atmosphere and clean bedrooms/bethrooms - this is the place to rent!

My family is already talking about renting the place again for a weekend in Autumn!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Wolfeboro, New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

WOLFEBORO NATIVE! I too booked a room here in October of 2012. I am shocked at reading the previous review. I booked a room for my friend who flew in from Colordao. We had to change his reservation at the last minute due to Hurricane Sandy. NO PROBLEM! We just moved the reservation one week ahead. No extra charges or fees! Of course this was a courtesy that was allowed because of the time of year. I wouldn't dream of them being able to do that in July let's say. The room was immaculate. Beautifully decorated. Cynthia asked my friend what he would like for breakfast and was happy to provide whatever he needed. I too am in customer service in Wolfeboro and I highly reccomend Topsides to people who need a few night stay in Wolfeboro. WALK TO TOWN!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Kent U.K
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

Firstly we arrived at 3.15pm having previously booked and there was no one to meet us, We entered by the unlocked back door where we had parked and called out to summon someone and when nobody arrived we went to the front door and rang the bell a couple of times and still nobody came so we knocked on an internal door marked 'private' but still no answer. Eventually we gave up and went down to the town for a look around before returning a while later. This time the owner was there and quickly told us where to find the tea and coffee etc (in the hall) before showing us to our room 'Martha's vineyard'. The room looked lovely decorated in blue and white but on closer inspection the bath was decidedly dirty with tide marks from several baths by the look of it along with hairs. The bathroom floor had the last occupants many long hairs over the floor along with accumulated grime next to the toilet roll basket and round the edges of the room. The bedroom floor was also full of dust bunnies so obviously hadn't been hoovered for a time.We visited in October and it was chilly but the room had no heating on. My husband asked if we could have some heating as I was very cold and was told that the heating would be turned up but it never came on at all and I spent the evening feeling very cold and uncomfortable. Breakfast was a disappointment...There was a small assortment to help yourselves to.......Bacon, waffles with fake maple syrup, yoghurt. melon and banana. There was no bread, rolls or toast. As I don't eat bacon or waffles, after having a banana and a thin melon slice I was soon hungry again. You had to go out to the hall to get your own tea/coffee. When asked if I'd slept alright I replied 'Yes but that I had been cold during the evening' I got the uncaring answer "Yes, the thermostat shuts off when downstairs reaches the set temperature, and anyway I think it's better for you not to have heating".We were staying another night and were not offered a heater to make us more comfortable. The house on the outside appeared very pretty and nice but there was a strange vibe about the whole place and I didn't enjoy staying there although I cannot explain why (apart from the grubby bath and floors). There are no keys to the room doors. On the plus side it is fair to say that the bed was very comfy and the linen soft and fresh smelling, including the towels.And there is a very nice veranda area in which to sit on warmer days. I would choose somewhere else if visiting Wolfeboro again.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Lexington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2012

Topsides Bed and Breakfast is a charming, meticulously kept and beautifully decorated B&B. My parents, my sister and her husband, my daughter and her fiancé, my niece and I stayed there for 3 nights for a niece's wedding. Each room has a special decor with elegant appointments that follow the theme and name of each room. I stayed in the "Nantucket Room" and it could not have been more perfect. Cindy, the owner, added to the ambiance with her Virginia charm and warm, vibrant personality. Cindy has the perfect balance of entertaining, caring for her guests, making her home the guests' home, while respecting privacy and personal space. Cindy's furnishings, photographs and decorative pieces tell a story of a lovely lady's journey, which adds to the richness of your visit.
We are all looking forward to staying at Topsides for future holiday, family gatherings.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

My parents, sister, niece and her fiance, my daughter, husband and I booked all five bedrooms while attending a family wedding in Wolfeboro, NH. this past weekend. Cindy Schauer is a gracious and welcoming hostess. All of our rooms were very well appointed with large private baths. We adored the cottage/nautical decor and Ralph Lauren bedding. She baked creative breakfasts for us each morning as we lounged in the welcoming dining room. Her dog, Bogart, was an additional treat as he loved to great us each morning as we appeared for our delicious breakfast. We loved the privacy we all had, and the freedom to relax on the adorable cottage porch with summer florals, plants, and a water fountain. The BB is a short walk to the lake and downtown, no car is required. We are already planning a return visit during the holidays.
This BB is a gem and a must to visit at a great rate.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

This is a really charming B&B in the picturesque town of Wolfesboro, NH. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. I'm surprised by some of the previous comments about the cleanliness as we didn't have that experience at all - the place was spotless. There is a very pretty outdoor area for relaxing. The breakfast was also very tasty. My only negative comment is the noise from traffic on the road outside - avoid rooms at the front of the house if possible.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms at the front of the house.