“So good we stayed a further night” 4 of 5 stars
Review of The Lake Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Wolfeboro
The Lake Motel
You added The Lake Motel to your Saves list
280 S Main St, Wolfeboro, NH 03894   |
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Wolfeboro
Wicked Hathern, Loughborough
“So good we stayed a further night”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2010

Found this motel after deciding to stop at Wolfboro for 3 days after stopping in Portland, Great view from the room down to the lake, The owner was very helpful condsidering he was trying to get the place ready for Memorial Day the following saturday. The room was clean and airy, an ironing board and hair dryer were available for the wife , more important lots of ice for me. Tea and coffee available at the desk. The centre of Wolfboro was a 5 minute stroll from the motel and there is a diner next door at the top of the drive. Very quiet and peaceful, enjoyed it so much we stayed a fourth night. Great place to stay for looking around the lakes and mountains.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2010

The staff was extremely accomodating, the rooms were very clean & comfortable & the location was excellent. A beautiful waterfront & mountain view! Walking distance to the quaint little town of Wolfeboro. We had lots of fun exploring the area. We found a great walking trail along the lake. We were pleasantly surprised to hear the loons in the evening. I think we found our new favorite hideaway. Will definitely return.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2010

We went to the Lake Motel in early May, just before the season started and stayed in the Lake House with our own private deck area and views down to the beautiful lake. This is a wonderful place to stay, very clean, quiet and welcoming. This is one of the most stunning locations we've ever stayed in, perfect for touring the area - would definitely recommend it!

Boston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2010

I have been staying at the Lake Motel for more than 30 years. (I went before I was born). I always enjoy the quiet of the area, the town and the beautiful views of the lake. My only problem in the past had been that they were only open during the summer months. Well, the new couple who own it (I suppose they are really not new anymore) have renovated the private house on the property. They offer beautiful, brand new rooms with sliders and lake views. They are open all year round, or the will be, and the rooms have gas fire places for both heat and ambiance. This has more of a bed and breakfast feel as the owners are still living in the house. We went up for the weekend before the other side of the hotel was open and had a lovely weekend. We had the place to ourselves because the rooms are newly finished and the season has not really begun. Now we look forward to going up all year round. The fall and winter will similarly beautiful views. I am sure the next time we go up, we won't have the place to ourselves; but it wouldn't be fair to keep this one a secret.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

The hosts are extremely friendly and welcoming. They even have a cute and friendly dog. The rooms are very clean, with modern amenities. It is a very quiet location tucked away in the woods but easy to find as it is located right off of the main road in Wolfeboro. Each room has a gorgeous lake view and the lake is in walking distance. Each room even has its own outside patio. This location is great for Brewster Academy families visiting or for lake vacations. We really enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this to any visitors of Wolfeboro!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Groveland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2010

I Love this motel. The lake side rooms are so comfortable - very clean, spacious rooms. The room we stayed in had white puffy down comforter's on the beds. The sprawling grassy lawn down to the lake is the best feature. So peaceful in the early am as well as the evening. A short walk to downtown is nice also. And at the entrance to the motel is the "Front Porch" restaurant. Great food, prices and ice cream! I would recommend this place to both families and couples - has things to offer both and is very affordable. My favorite place on the lake!!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Woburn, ma
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2010

We are a group of 16 snowmobilers and fisherman who found out last minute that the hotel we normally stay in would not be open this year. I went on line and discovered the Lake Motel. I liked the location, trails to the north for riding, with easy access from any of the three lakes, Crescent, Wentworth or Winni.A 5 minute ride to town for restaurants, Bars and stores. I took a chance and booked 8 rooms sight unseen. Dave the owner convinced me that I would not be unhappy. He was right. I had 15 guys tell me to re-book for next year, not one complaint, rooms were clean and well maintained daily. Some of the rooms were suites w/ liv rm, kitch and sep bedroom. These rooms are older, but clean and comfortable. We also had 3 rooms in the main house that were all new, with fireplace and decks to the lake. A beautiful view of the lake and mountains. The Pedersons were wonderful hosts and when your there don't forget to give Reese a little love.

• Stayed February 2010

Been to The Lake Motel? Share your experiences!