“What a Pleasure!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Smithfield, North Carolina
“What a Pleasure!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2009

I can't say enough about this place. It is my perfect idea of a NH Inn. More privacy than a B & B with wonderful personal attention and amenities. Great place at a great price. Jason met us in the parking lot to get our bags. Beth made us waffles on our last morning and printed out a map to our next destination. What a lovely family; what a lovely place. Thanks for a memorable stay!!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
conneticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2009

My husband and I were travelling to a college graduation and happened to find this place on the internet. I can't tell what a great decision that was!! The hosts - Beth and Jason - were simply amazing. Warm brownie treats, recommendations for dinner, offers to make reservations for dinner, and countless other kind gesture. The accomodations were great too - white fluffy towels, huge comfortable bed, and giant pillows. Overall, a great experience!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
Southern NH
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

We picked this inn randomly online and were more than pleasantly suprised with it. The inside lobby was very NH - all wood and beautiful furniture. Our room was fantastic - a huge king bed with big, comfy pillows and comforter. We had a great view of the back field and endless woods - no traffic noise at all. Everything was very clean. The owners had a great continental breakfast spread for us, which we enjoyed outside on the back porch. They were also really nice and very helpful with suggestions for things to do in the area. Overall, we really, really enjoyed our stay and will definitely visit again!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled as a couple
New Hampshire
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2009

My friend and I stayed at the Barron Brook Inn for a weekend trip to Whitefield, and we couldn't be happier with our choice. Beth, Jason, and Linda were incredibly accomodating and friendly, treating us like family from the very start. My companion and I knew that due to our conference, we would be out til the wee hours of the morning, and, finding this out, Beth left a lovely note on our room door letting us know not to worry about the checkout time, and also that she would keep breakfast warm for us for whenever we managed to rise from our beds. You just don't find service like that anywhere these days. Rooms were very clean, exceptionally quiet, and decorated very uniquely - the very reasonable price is a huge bonus. I would recommend this inn to anyone, and I will certainly be back! Thanks guys!

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2009

This is a great place to stay, namely because of our wonderful hosts who treated us like family. They served us a wonderful breakfast and went out of their way to feed our two hungry kids. Both Beth, Jason and their two boys have a wonderful old player piano that kept my kids entertained as well. We didn't get a chance to watch any videos as we were too busy playing games and conversing by the fire. In any case, we definitely recommend them. They're also very close to Santa's Village. A great experience all 'round.

• Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
South Shore, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2009

This Inn was perfect for what I needed. Staying only for a night, I wanted someplace not too expensive, and a place where I felt comfortable and safe (I spent most of the evening by myself). The Barron Brook Inn met all of these needs and much more!! The owners were very friendly and quite helpful. They kept me company through most of the evening, conversing with me about adventures, the area, and good places to eat!! They were very informative about all of the different activities going on throughout the area, and for every season. They convinced me that even though I had chosen their place for one night to get an early start on skiing the next morning, it was worth going back during the other seasons to take advantage of their lake and hiking trails. It was cozy sitting by the fire in the front room, quiet throughout the entire inn, and just unbelievably relaxing. As someone young, trying to save money, but not forgetting I want to have fun, I got a great deal staying at Barron Brook Inn and can't wait to go back.

• Liked — The Friendly Owners and the price
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
Boston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2009

Warm and comfortable on a very cold night! Horns in the House is the band...We were stuck for a place to stay after playing a NYEve gig at the Mountain View Grand. We called at 8:15pm, and had 4 rooms for our band members after we were done at 1am. Very comfortable, great shower, nice towels, bed linens, clean and neat! Warm cookies at night, and super breakfast in the morning! You'll love it!

Stayed December 2008, traveled on business

Been to Barron Brook Inn? Share your experiences!