We have visited the Mountain View Grand Resort for three summers in a row. Good friends recommended it to us. They visit in the winter, but we decided to give the summer a try. We have always LOVED our stays at the this resort, but the one thing we rated a little lower was the food. Well, based on our most recent visit this July, they have found a new chef and now the food is on par with the overall resort experience. The food was WONDERFUL and the menus, both for adults and children offered great variety and local ingredients. We were so happy as we just love visiting this resort every summer and now the food and wine was right up there with the rest!
Our entire family so enjoys this resort. In fact, our oldest, continually thanked us for going back this year! One, it is beautiful. The building, grounds and scenic landscape are breathtaking! The inside of the main building is just lovely from the lobby to the restaurant to the first floor game room. It brings you back to a time of understated elegance. The porch that envelopes the front of the main building is our favorite place to relax, play a boardgame, grab a glass of wine and also eat (the staff is always happy to serve out here - even the full course menu) - how can you leave this view! We always hit the fabulous campfire after dinner for a majestic sunset and s'mores (all set up with perfection for guests!)
There are many activities on site as well as wonderful programs on the onsite farm. Our children love the "Meet the Farmer" program in the morning and eagerly get up to gather the eggs for the day - such fun! There is a beautiful outdoor pool with poolside bar and restaurant. In the case of inclement weather, which we faced for the first time this year on one day, there is also plenty to do. The resort has not only an upstairs game room with board games, chess, etc, but also a downstairs game room with pool, ping pong, etc. There is also a wonderful movie theater - they will even bring you fresh popped popcorn!!!! And if you want to swim, no problem, there is an indoor pool as well.
As we have young children, we also love to visit Santa's Village which is down the road. It is sooooo much better than Storyland. So clean, quaint and many fun rides for all ages.
We visit many resorts with our children, but the Mountain View Grand holds a special place in all of our hearts.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Hotels.com, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa White Mountains, NH - Whitefield