We stayed here after getting a groupon package. Drove from vermont and passed through Littleton for dinner before arriving. We spent two nights here and loved it. The resort was restored but has a historic feel to it and maintains its old school charm. Rooms are comfortable although for some reason we had many flies in ours. The amenities are amazing. They go out of their way to organize things like spending time w the farm animals for children and having a camp fire with s'mores. We even did an axe throwing competition.
We were given 100$ resort credit so we ate at the tavern for three meals. Dinner was average, dessert was delicious. Breakfast was good. They have a buffet for $15 per person but we chose to do a la carte which wasn't bad at all. Favorite on the menu was definitely the pancakes and maple syrup. That maple syrup is delicious!
They have free wifi throughout. There's plenty parking. Staff are great
Can easily drive to the Pinkham notch area and explore as a day trip. We did the waterfalls at the notch and a guided hike that is complimentary through the visitors center. The next day we drove through Breton woods and then on to Conway before heading home. All a reasonable drive and worth going to Conway for the great views and cute shops.
Would stay here again for a retreat and some relaxation.
- Also Known As:
- Mountain View Grand Hotel Whitefield
- Mountain View Grand Resort And Spa
- Mountain View Grand Resort
- Mountain View Grand Hotel
- Mountain View Grand
- Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa White Mountains, NH - Whitefield
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Founded in 1865 and set on 1,700 acres with sweeping views of the White Mountains, Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa is New England's premier historic mountain resort. It was the only resort or hotel in the state to earn AAA Four Diamond awards in both Lodging and Dining for since 2008. With stellar dining choices from the gourmet selections in the wine cellar to casual meals in the Tavern or spectacular views at the seasonal Club House and Veranda, guests find a style and price to fit their mood. With a full-time Activities Department and complimentary children's programs, guests enjoy hiking, kayaking, biking, indoor and outdoor pools, a health and wellness center, golf on the resort's historic course, and four Classic Clay tennis courts. In winter, it's time for cross country skiing, snowshoeing, snow tubing, ice skating, snowmobiling, and dog sled adventures. Mountain View also provides the opportunity to choose from over 500 movie selections in the in-house movie theater. Mountain View Farm features friendly animals at the Big Red Barn. Evening activities include marshmallow toasting over an open campfire. Conde Nast Traveler named Mountain View one of North America's top five resort spas for 2008. There are great views high in the landmark Tower Spa, with an infinity-edge Sok tub and side-by-side massages a specialty. The Presidential Suite has spectacular vistas, a private wet bar, fireplace, flat-screen TVs, hand-painted furniture, and a lovely dining area with French doors. The elegant master bedroom has a king-size bed and cozy window nook while the master bath features a luxury whirlpool. Business meetings are served in 20,000 square feet of flexible conference space with built-in AV equipment and reliable internet and cell phone service. Mountain View specializes in storybook weddings in the domed Crystal Ballroom with its famed hand-painted ceiling or the century-old gazebo on Grand Fountain Terrace. Mountain View Grand is 100% wind-powered and has been recognized as an Environmental Champion by the NH Lodging & Restaurant Association. The resort is a proud member of Historic Hotels of America. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Preferred Hotels, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Otel, Agoda and Fareportal so you can book your Mountain View Grand Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.