“Think Twice!!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Swanzey Lake Camping Area

Swanzey Lake Camping Area
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Swanzey
Swanzey Lake Camping Area
88 E. Shore Rd., West Swanzey, NH 03469   |
New Hampshire
“Think Twice!!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2012

The Good: Really beautiful lake and sunning area! The Truth: Camping area is across the street from the lake... not a big deal, but still a hike from the rentable sites. There are NO flushable facilities or showers in the camping portion of the area. There are only a couple of outhouse's, which are pretty rugged (should be condemned)! If you're seeking a water bathroom experience, you're walking to the lodge (in the dark). Be prepared to have you and your children harassed throughout your stay by the roving "pick-up patrol" ... apparently, a fire over 3 inches is not acceptable, and children playing are strictly prohibited! Finally, be prepared to be separated from your cash by most things considered gratis by other campgrounds! In short, not a place we'll ever return to!!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family

12 people have reviewed this hotel

Couples
Solo
Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Milford, Connecticut
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2010

I live in CT and recently stayed at this campground for the annual pumpkin fest in Keene. This place is a joke! I would of felt more comfortable parking on the side of the road. DONT LET THE PICTURES FOOL YOU!!! It is unkept the people are RUDE! They drive around all night watching what you do. The restrooms they show on their map? I wouldnt go on the outside of them let alone go in! No cable My site was full of sand so much my camper sank, I had to put my truck in 4x4 to back in. My full service site consisted of a hole in the ground to dump into. The roads are SO NARROW! I hit 2 trees trying to make turns to my site on top of driving through pot holes the size of a volkswagon. They are trying to make improvements but they are way far off. This place needs a complete overhaul. I should of known when they only charged 98.00 for the weekend.And saw all the abandoned boats and cars in the lot. CAMPERS BEWARE. I cannot believe I parked my 75,000.00 camper in such a dump, I spend the greater part of my sunday and 3 nights after cleaning my camper of all the sand inside and out. And there sites are very small and if they are large good luck trying to back into them. My camper didnt fit. I hit 2 trees while trying to get to my site! The turns are so sharp my rear bumper caught one tree and they other tree knocked off my rain gutter from a low lying branch. You literally hit tree roots while driving down their roads- thats how close the trees are in relation to the road! PLACE IS A JOKE. I will stay in a wal-mart parking lot before I go there again. I had site 14 - 25 feet from the road which people did at least 50 mph down. My kids 3 and 5 spent most of their time in the camper and when they didnt go out they got yelled at for playing with the trees!!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Sabattus, Maine
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2010

I saw several reviews of how camping was with rv's and seemed happy with it. I went to Swanzey campground and was very disappointed. Everything was crowded but on a holiday weekend it was expected. My semi-private site as not private in the least. Sadly if u are a tent camper, you will be shunned. The people (tent campers) who have absolutely no amenities( no water, electricity or bathroom) are pushed to the wayside. If i wanted to actually wanted to use the outhouse at any time it would require me to travel literally half way across the campground. The staff was less than nice. Everyone seemed to tell you what you asked but there were no pleasantries involved. It was "ok .. but you are bothering me and get out of my way ". I just felt very unwelcomed and as though i was less than there seasonals and higher paying customers. I am an easy going person, it served my purpose as a place to stay.. i wasn't comfortable.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Still looking for a hotel?
Also consider these accommodations in or near West Swanzey
Holiday Inn Express Keene 4.0 of 5 stars 144 reviews Woodbound Inn 4.0 of 5 stars 160 reviews
View all 0 hotels in West Swanzey, ranked by popularity

Been to Swanzey Lake Camping Area? Share your experiences!